• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Complete: Design the Photoshop Forums Banner Challenge 2

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

***Voting for Round 2 has CLOSED! Congratulations to Matt Cannon View the submissions​!***

Hi all,

Round one of the Forums Banner Challenge was awesome. Congratulations to the winner of the last round -- Trevor.Dennis​​, and well done to all of the other entries. Incase you missed it -- Check out the first Banner Challenge​!

It sounds like you're itching to get going again, so let's kick off Round two!

Purpose: Create a fresh Photoshop Forums Banner for the Photoshop forums overview page.

PSBannerChallenge-wide.jpg

Using the template in this post, submit your Photoshop Forums Banner design by attaching your image in a response to this thread. We’ll then select the best submissions and use them for our Photoshop Forums banner image. A new banner image will be selected by an internal Adobe committee every 3 or so months and used in the Photoshop forums.

Use the above template design as a starting point for your designs which will help you position your imagery so it won’t be covered by the forum's CSS banner elements:

Image dimensions: 1150px ×150px (72dpi)

File size: 30kb or less

File types: .JPG or .PNG

Please keep all submissions Photoshop-related (Photoshop UI is OK to use), safe for work, and use image content you have the rights to (do not use any copyrighted images).

Post your designs to this thread, and we'll select the winner around February 2017. The chosen winner's design will be featured in the Photoshop Forums which is seen by over 35,000 people each month!

Looking forward to seeing what you can come up with.

Regards

Adobe Social Team

***Voting for Round 2 has CLOSED! Congratulations to Matt Cannon View the submissions​!***

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

As most of you have already discussed --

Congratulations to mrcannon for winning round 2 of the Photoshop Forums Banner challenge!

Your design has now been added to the main page and will stay until the next challenge.

Thank you to each who entered and to those that voted. Some really awesome entries.

Regards

Pete

P.S. Would you like to have more of these banner challenges in the future? Would you like other forms of community challenges?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does JIVE limit the number of times a person can vote?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good point. IIRC, only one vote. I'm going to do a bit of testing.

Edit: After some testing

• You are limited to 10 poll choices
  • You can vote only once
  • You can upload multiple images to each poll choice

So Jive polls may not be a good option unless the banners are narrowed to 10 picks first, and one vote is adequate. Sounds like Pete's current set up is the best option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bumping up to page 1 to keep voting visible.

Voting details in post 1 and post 47 of this thread.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MadisonMLeupp​ may know more of the specifics around Jive polls.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Benjamin covered it perfectly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 29, 2017 Jan 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is my first design for the second round...hoping to squeeze in a few more before the end of the submissions.

I decided to go with an organic abstract pattern, with bright color.

zahara_miriam_forum_banner2.jpg

Best wishes,

Miriam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Design submission 2:

zahara_miriam_forum_banner2_3.jpg

Best wishes,

Miriam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Design submission 3:

zahara_miriam_forum_banner2_4.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went for a clean, simple iconic look for my entry. I wanted to reimagine the Photoshop logo as a realistic boxed product filled with helpful information (representing the forum) inside. I used the PS loading screen as the information on the side of the box. I also incorporated Adobe branding as well to leverage the brand itself and bring more color to the banner.

PS-HEADER.png

PS-HEADER-small.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Just a heads up that I'm soon starting the voting process (next day or two), so if anybody is working on any entries they'd like added to be voted for the next Photoshop Forums banner, now would be the time to submit!

More info soon.

Regards

PG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I want to thank all of you for putting in the time to design another forums banner. Hope you're enjoying these challenges.

It is now time to vote on a favorite.

Let's vote on the winning design together!

1. Step 1: Take a look at the submissions: PS Forum Banner Challenge - Phase 2
  2. Step 2: Vote!* (choose your favorite 2 submissions)

*Voting ends March 1st, 2017

Great job with all of the entries, looking forward to seeing who is chosen!

Regards

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pete.Green  wrote

Regards

Pete

If we quote Pete's post with the links when we bump the thread, that will keep the links near the Latest Post.   46 votes cast as I type this, and it's getting interesting now with #1 and #9 equal with ten votes each, so keep those votes coming.   The entries  and results so far

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2017 Feb 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting.

I normally get a lot of emails from the ACP list, but this thread ONLY came to me today with Madison's comment: "Benjamin covered it perfectly!"

I had not clue what she was talking about so I looked and found all of this discussion on banners that completely passed by me.

No clue as to why I received no emails on this subject.

Gary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pete.Green  wrote

Hi all,

I want to thank all of you for putting in the time to design another forums banner. Hope you're enjoying these challenges.

It is now time to vote on a favorite.

Regards

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Congratulations to Matt Cannon! Looks like you are the winner of round 2!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's awesome! Thanks Benjamin! I’m honored and can't wait to see the design on the forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well done and congratulations mrcannon   . Look forward to seeing it at the top!

Dave  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dave!! Appreciate it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Congratulations Matt, well done!

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Voting? I don't know...look where that got us on November 8...we might end up with a banner that basically says don't even try to enter here...and we all huddle up, exiled, in the Elements forum, for four years...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As most of you have already discussed --

Congratulations to mrcannon for winning round 2 of the Photoshop Forums Banner challenge!

Your design has now been added to the main page and will stay until the next challenge.

Thank you to each who entered and to those that voted. Some really awesome entries.

Regards

Pete

P.S. Would you like to have more of these banner challenges in the future? Would you like other forms of community challenges?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure Pete, will be glad to try (especially if I learn about the contest before it is over! ;>))

Gary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! If you don't mind hosting the banner contests, I'd love to see a round three in the future!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes - do a round three in the future.

For another friendly challenge how about something in the lines of Steve Caplin's (How to Cheat in Photoshop) Friday challenges - where he posts an image with a challenge - the last was drain the water from a Venice canal, previous week a courtyard with the challenge to add a pool.  Some results are off the wall.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines