• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Corner problem after modifiying selection (expanding / border)

Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am having strange problem on Photoshop 2021 (Version: 22.4.2 20210602.r.242).

After expanding (or bordering) rectangular or circle selection I have distorted corners (please see attached screenshots).

I think it appeared after last PS update. I already reset preferences but it did not helped. Of course feather set to 0px.

I would appreciate your help.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

update: problem exists also for Lasso Tool, Polygonal Lasso Tool, Quick Selection...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe that's not a new issue, but the same thing has been happening ever since photoshop was introduced.

Adobe says the reason is that the code required to allow selections to expand perfectly would take too much processing power and result in very slow execution.

Instead of using Select>Modify>Expand, you could use Select>Transform Selection and in the tool options change the Width and Height fields to pixels by right clicking in the fields and then add the amount of pixels you want to expand the selection by.

Screenshot-(205).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jeff for your response. I also found this thread (https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements/pse-increase-selection-while-maintaining-shape/m-p... but both solutions are not ... natural and convenient for me 😞 It is like knife for cutting bread could not cut straight slicea and workaround would be "use saw" 😉

I could tell that for years I was already using this feature (select, expand / feather) successfully - it was not changing corners - it worked fine! That is why I am so confused and frustrated. Even today I am trying to copy paste one element using select feature (because I am used to this tool) with expand/feather and it drives me crazy that corners are changing shape. I am aware that I have clone stamp, but in some cases select is more precise.

Does anybody from Adobe peeks here? How to drive adobe crew attention to this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can let the photoshop developers know of your issue over here:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. For now I will have to get used to select->transform selection 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines