• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Could not open file because it is not a valid Photoshop document

New Here ,
May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, Photoshop crashed my laptop (as it always tends to do, great job with that) as I was working on a psd file. I wait for the laptop to restart, open up Photoshop again and wait for the document-recovered.psd to appear. 

That didn't happen so I just assumed it was due to the fact that I had saved it just before the crash. So I open my document and I'm greeted with the error that says "Could not open "DKM.psd" because it is not a valid Photoshop document". One of the fixes I've found to this issue mentioned that converting the file back to its original extension may help, but I cannot do that since this file was created and worked on solely in Photoshop.

I have tried looking in the recovery folders, which are empty, despite the fact that I have autosave and recovery enabled in Photoshop. I have tried a number of so-called third party repair tools out there, and nothing helped.

I really would love it if someone had an actual solution to this issue. None of the fixes that I have found to this issue have helped me.

I am using Photoshop on Windows and it always keeps itself updated so I have the latest version to date. I have also tried attaching the file to this post in case it is needed, but when I tried posting it, I got an error that said :

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Can you put the file in Creative Cloud or Dropbox and post a link?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I downloaded your file and threw it into a hex editor to see what I would see. There is absolutely no information in that file. I'm afraid it's corrupt.

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines