• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Could not save as “_DSC2574.jpg” because the file name was not valid.

Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop is not allowing me to save anything and it is now trying to force me to save to the cloud - something I do not want to do.  Is this a bug in the program? What'sgoing on?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

We were able to go into the settings on Photoshop and change so the "save to cloud" box does not come up anymore.  

Also, it turned out the save issue seems to have been an error with my hard drive. I shut down, rebooted and everything is working now. Thanks for the thoughts.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please read this (in particular the section titled "Supply pertinent information for more timely and effective answers”):

https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community/community-how-to-guide-tips-amp-best-practices/td...

Could you please post screenshots including the pertinent Panels (edit: Toolbar, Layers, Channels, Options Bar, …), dialogs and error messages? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to save I get the screen below.  I click on the button on the bottom left to "on your computer" - this is new today and I have never seen this before now.  I do not want to save the Creative Cloud. I just want to save to my drive. I have a separate backup. So I do not need the creative cloud. 

When I try to then save the file going through the normal save process... I get the message on the second screen shot.

Screen Shot 2022-05-03 at 10.54.39 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-05-03 at 10.55.00 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the filename and the path definitely valid? 

Please post more meaningful screenshots. 

The »On Your Computer«-setting should stick. 

After saving locally does the Save As-dialog revert to Cloud? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We were able to go into the settings on Photoshop and change so the "save to cloud" box does not come up anymore.  

Also, it turned out the save issue seems to have been an error with my hard drive. I shut down, rebooted and everything is working now. Thanks for the thoughts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines