• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crop Overlay vanished

Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2019 May 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was working on a large batch of images and suddenly in the middle of everything, my crop overlays vanished. I restart the program several times and it did nothing. Odds are good that I accidentally hit some keyboard shortcut combo without even realizing and it turned something off. I seem to do this often with each new update, when keyboard shortcuts are created that do things I didn't even know were options. It's insanely frustrating. ANYWAY ... I've attached screenshots of what my document looks like when the crop tool is activated - it should have the outside/corner boundary markers and the rule of thirds overlay showing, but as you can see, nada. But I know the tool is active because when I try and click or drag anywhere, it either moves or rotates the "cropped" image. I've also attached what my crop settings are. Please help, this tiny thing is making me lose my mind.

Screen Shot 2019-05-03 at 2.16.20 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-05-03 at 2.28.46 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 03, 2019 May 03, 2019

That does not sound right, could you please try resetting the preferences of Photoshop and let us know if it helps?

To restore preferences quickly using a keyboard shortcut: Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Photoshop. You are prompted to delete the current settings. The new preferences files are created the next time you start Photoshop.

You may also try the steps mentioned in this article: Preferences in Photoshop

Note: Please back up all you

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Krystal,

The Crop Overlay will appear when you will start cropping the image, and it will stay visible till you hit the check-mark.

crop.gif

Please let us know if it helps.
Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it doesn't appear. As I said, I was using the crop tool previously on many images with it working exactly as expected before it suddenly disappeared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try pressing Cmd + H, which is the same thing as View menu > Extras.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Try resetting the tool :

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried Cmd-H - no fix.

I tried Resetting the tool - no fix.

I'm not sure if this link will work or not, but I did a quick recording of what it's doing.

Dropbox - CropIssue.mov - Simplify your life

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That does not sound right, could you please try resetting the preferences of Photoshop and let us know if it helps?

To restore preferences quickly using a keyboard shortcut: Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Photoshop. You are prompted to delete the current settings. The new preferences files are created the next time you start Photoshop.

You may also try the steps mentioned in this article: Preferences in Photoshop

Note: Please back up all your custom brushes, actions, presets etc before restoring the preferences back to default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup - that did it. Must have hit a weird bug while working on my image batch. Well, thanks for that help ... now to go through and get my workspace back to looking how I like it lol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad we got it working finally.
Feel free to reach out to us for any future queries!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preferences can be reset easily by going to Preferences > General (Cmd + K), and clicking Reset preferences on quit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines