• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cropping a flat file makes it a layer

Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how can I go back to the way it used to be? When I crop a flat file I want it to stay flat. Currently, it converts to a layer - actually, it doesn't even crop the file, it just adjusts the canvas size - the file is its original size, just hidden - that's not what I need. 

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Checkmark "Delete Cropped Pixels" in the Crop Tool Options Bar. This option keeps your file flat, but you cannot come back later and revise it.

Also if you have enabled the Narrow Options Bar under Preferences > Workspace, you'll see this button  Screen Shot 2022-03-10 at 2.08.27 PM.png

instead of the checkmarked "Delete Cropped Pixels".

This button Screen Shot 2022-03-10 at 2.14.56 PM.pngwithout the dark background is the same as unchecking Screen Shot 2022-03-10 at 2.16.18 PM.png.

It is hard to tell unless you are used to the subtle button states in the Narrow Options Bar, which is  why I prefer the Normal

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Checkmark "Delete Cropped Pixels" in the Crop Tool Options Bar. This option keeps your file flat, but you cannot come back later and revise it.

Also if you have enabled the Narrow Options Bar under Preferences > Workspace, you'll see this button  Screen Shot 2022-03-10 at 2.08.27 PM.png

instead of the checkmarked "Delete Cropped Pixels".

This button Screen Shot 2022-03-10 at 2.14.56 PM.pngwithout the dark background is the same as unchecking Screen Shot 2022-03-10 at 2.16.18 PM.png.

It is hard to tell unless you are used to the subtle button states in the Narrow Options Bar, which is  why I prefer the Normal Options Bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@gener7 Great answer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines