• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ctrl + D not working

Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometime in the past week, the Ctrl + D keyboard shortcut for Deselect has stopped working for me. I'm not sure what else I can try- I've uninstalled and reinstalled, I've changed my keyboard, I've messed with the Legacy Compositing preference and I've Reset Preferences. I'm using Photoshop CC. Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Mar 13, 2020 Mar 13, 2020

Suddenly, ctrl + d doesn't work in photoshop, ctrl + p doesn't work in word, ctrl + d in indesign...there may be more shortcuts, but these are my most used ones that i've noticed. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, restarted, switched keyboards, reset preferences, ran the creative cloud cleaner tool,....i have no idea what else I can do and i'm going crazy.  

Nevermind. I had downloaded an app called Tiny Takes and after I deleted that everything works.

[duplicate post merged to this thread

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

I've had same issue. I solve it by shutdown "hotkey utility" application. Now it's working perfectly!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is shown under Edit> Keyboard shortcuts Application menus > Select > Deselect ?

2020-03-03_16-39-27.jpg

If that shows the correct shortcut, try resetting preferences (Preferences >General >Reset Preferences on Quit)

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Already tried that and it didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same issue. My shortcuts show the CTRL+D deselect, I've reset my preferences, I've made sure my keyboard actually works. Seems like a very arbitrary issue...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

If you checked Edit > Keyboard shortcut as shown by Dave earlier in this thread and confirmed Deselect is correctly assigned, then:

• Try Ctrl+D with the other Ctrl key
  • Reboot and launch only Photoshop to see if another application has taken over the shortcut
  • Try another keyboard

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Came across this thread looking for an answer to the same problem. I'm working in Win10 Photoshop CS5.5. I have noticed that this shortcut and a couple of others that use the control key only work if you use the RIGHT hand key, but not the left. I have tried reset prefs. I have tried changing keyboards. I have tried resetting the shortcut within photoshop but it's like the control key doesn't exist. I can ctrl+S and save with the left ctrl key, but not deselect. Thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try rebooting with no other applications running — including your browsers and anything in Startup — and see if it works. Sometimes another application takes over the shortcuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had same issue. I solve it by shutdown "hotkey utility" application. Now it's working perfectly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2020 Mar 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suddenly, ctrl + d doesn't work in photoshop, ctrl + p doesn't work in word, ctrl + d in indesign...there may be more shortcuts, but these are my most used ones that i've noticed. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, restarted, switched keyboards, reset preferences, ran the creative cloud cleaner tool,....i have no idea what else I can do and i'm going crazy.  

Nevermind. I had downloaded an app called Tiny Takes and after I deleted that everything works.

[duplicate post merged to this thread by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!! Ialso just recently installed TinyTakes, and CTRL+D stopped working! Your solution is great, uninstalled it, now CTRL+D is back 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Windows 10 you can also find the Tiny Take icon in the 'tray' at the right of the taskbar - right click and select 'exit' and then it solves this without having to uninstall anything. (While Tiny Take is running in the background it uses the same shortcut keys for something else.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thaaaaaaannnnnks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2024 Jan 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Sui349786028m40 please see newer post https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/ctrl-d-not-working-in-photoshop-or-in...

This post is solved so I'm locking in lieu of the newer post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines