• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Design the Photoshop Forums Banner challenge (on-going)

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 07, 2016 Jun 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We’d like to start an on-going challenge to share your creative talent with others.

Purpose: Create a Photoshop Forums Banner for the Photoshop forums overview page.

PSBannerChallenge-wide.jpg

Using the template in this post, submit your Photoshop Forums Banner design by attaching your image in a response to this thread. We’ll then select the best submissions and use them for our Photoshop Forums banner image. A new banner image will be selected by an internal Adobe committee every 3 months and used in the Photoshop forums.

Use the attached banner template design as a starting point for your designs and will help you position your imagery where it won’t be covered:

Here's a link to another template, created by Trevor.Dennis with the PS logo, menu bar and text on a plain background to help with design element placement and help you keep everything within safe bounds.

Image dimensions: 1400px ×150px (72dpi)

File size: 30kb or less

File types: .JPG or .PNG

Please keep all submissions Photoshop-related (Photoshop UI is OK to use), safe for work, and use image content you have the rights to (do not use any copyrighted images).

Post your designs to this thread, and check back every couple of weeks where we’ll feature one of your designs here on the Photoshop Forums which is seen by over 35,000 people each month!

Looking forward to seeing what you can come up with.

Regards

Adobe Social Team

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
replies 153 Replies 153
Mentor ,
Jun 19, 2016 Jun 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I think @floramc understood what I'm talking about. The bottom 35px of the Header ( the Menu bar ) is semi-transparent.( div box and text ) So, keep the the bottom 35px of the Header clean of heavy contrasting graphics.

Pierre

floramc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2016 Jun 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pete.Green What's happening with this Pete?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 30, 2016 Jun 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Trevor,

I'm currently collecting votes from the social team on the submissions, and I'll be posting the winning banner and runner ups soon!

Regards

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 11, 2016 Jul 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All -- thank you so much for submitting your really fun and creatively awesome designs to the first Photoshop Forums Banner Design challenge.

Below are the top voted entries from the ~27 submissions.

Winning Design - Congratulations Trevor.Dennis!

1-TrevorDenis1.png

First Runner Up - Nancy O.'Shea

2-NancyOshea1.jpg

These 4 submissions tied for 3rd - Thanks to Benjamin Root, Dag Fosse, Kat Gilbert & Zahara Miriam

3-BenjaminRoot1.jpg

3-DagFosse1.png

3-KatGilbert1.png

3-ZaharaMiriam1.jpg

Thanks again for the submissions and fun engagement, I'll be putting Trevor's design up on the main PS forums overview page. It'll stay for about 3 months... Then I haven't decided if I'll transition over to Nancy's or start up another challenge. Thoughts?

Regards,

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Congrats to Trevor!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Congrats all... there are may, many talented persons here so honored to be mentioned! I vote for another round of images!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I defiantly going to design the next banner. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Congratulations Trevor, and all!

Greatly honored to have been chosen as an honorable mention.. Thank you!

Thanks for hosting this contest, Pete!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Congrats, all! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Congratulations! Great designs!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with the winner but these are all nice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I love them. Congratulations Trevor!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much and congratulations to everyone! All the designs were great and such a great idea to do this competition

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I knew Trevor was going to win from the second day of the contest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did too.  It's such a good concept.  But I think we all had fun with it just the same.

Nancy O.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 12, 2016 Jul 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Congratulations to Trevor his design was great just like the rest of the designs. I look forward to the next one!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2016 Jul 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Congrats to Trevor on winning.
If this is ongoing, I'll kick off one for the next round. Pinched a few symbols from the Photoshop interface

20160702-Forum-Banner-Dave.jpg

20160702-Forum-Banner-Dave-a.jpg

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave, this was supposed to have a three month turn around.  We could choose to restart it ourselves, and then remind Pete.Green

What would be a decent time for folk to get their designs up?  End of January?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, sounds good and end of Jan should be plenty time for a  good little project after Christmas

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Trevor and Dave,

Yeah, I was thinking of starting it back up in January.

Many of us in the office are going on a holiday break, so I didn't plan to get the ball rolling if I wouldn't be around to help out.

If you're reading this, and are interested, feel free to get started on round 2, end of January sounds like a good deadline, thanks for the suggestion. Extendable if necessary, but that's a great starting point!

Regards

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One question I have is --- For round 2 banner design -- Would you prefer a new thread? or separate thread?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might be easier to keep track of with a new thread, Pete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 24, 2016 Dec 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys, I have a killer idea that is about half way done, so you are going to need to get out your big guns.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 24, 2016 Dec 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor.Dennis wrote:

Guys, I have a killer idea that is about half way done, so you are going to need to get out your big guns.

Well darn it. All I got up my sleeve is this tiny stick!

image.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 26, 2016 Dec 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor.Dennis wrote:

Sounds like the gauntlet has been laid down

I'll let my entry from post 139 go forward just to get things moving,  but have thought of a much better one which I will do after Christmas. Too much Christmas spirit to work on anything yet - would probably come out upside down !

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines