• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Direction in photoshop please, or is there an easier program?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2024 Jan 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I need to do is take a photo and make it look like a canvas print.  Almost like a picture.  I am trying to create the side and depth.  I will attach a picture of one I found that is simular to what I am trying to do.  Is there another program for this?  I have searched youtube and don't find help in this catagory.  One came close but it used a sample templete to show you how to make a templete.    Any direction here will be greatly appreciated. s-l1600 (2).jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post (like this one has already been moved) if it helps you get responses.

<"moved from using the community">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the following :

Enlarge canvas size

Capture d’écran 2024-01-11 à 18.15.06.pngCapture d’écran 2024-01-11 à 18.15.21.png

Perspective distorting

Capture d’écran 2024-01-11 à 18.43.51.png

Capture d’écran 2024-01-11 à 18.45.57.png

Adding a gradient to simulate shadow on the side

Capture d’écran 2024-01-11 à 18.50.01.png

A few effects on the layer (smart object)

new bottom white layer : Bevel and emboss + Drop shadow + inside shadow

Capture d’écran 2024-01-11 à 18.51.30.png

A last distort with manual transformation

Capture d’écran 2024-01-11 à 18.52.20.png

Quick and inperfect result but maybe a clue to you

Capture d’écran 2024-01-11 à 18.58.11.png

BTW This person is the extraordinary soprano Franscesca Dotto. Check on YT her performances…

😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2024 Jan 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your help on this.  I got around to trying to follow you but got lost on the perspective.  You have a bunch of points around your photo I only have the pic selected

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2024 Jan 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With the perspective distort, you just have to draw two rectangles that are tied one to another.

The last distortion is just a simple layer transformation (⌘/+T(MAc) Ctrl + T (PC).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2024 Jan 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you need to do this for many images or is it a one-off? 

What are the output needs? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2024 Jan 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're not confident with your Photoshop skills, you could try the new mockup (beta) feature in Illustrator:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines