• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dynamic link Media Server not available

Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whole reason I started paying a monthly fee to Adobe is to be able to edit video in Photoshop CC 2018. However every time I try to open a .mov file (2 minutes long) I get the error message "could not completed your request because dynamic link media server is not available".

I've searched and tried multiple reported fixes for this :

disable firewall

disable avast security

restart with each of these actions of course

I cannot manually switch graphics cards on this machine..that happens automatically

Apple Macbook Pro

2.6 gig intel core i7

16 gb ram

Radeon Pro 4096 MB

and Intel HD graphics 530 1535 MB

All software is up to date..

Can someone please offer something that will allow me to actually use PS CC 2018 for  video editing pls ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

Thanks Adobe for nothing !!

They take my money monthly..but offer no support whatsoever...

Cannot wait until there are other pro choices on the market...will jump ship on adobe so fast it's not funny....

Here's the answer to this problem....with an addition for 10.13.6 below so make sure to read carefully.

1. Go to the macOS Finder
  2. Hold down the [option] key and select Go> Library...
  3. Navigate to /Library/Preferences/Adobe/amecommand/10.0.0/
  4. Locate the file called “Trace Database.txt”
    • If that file is prese

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Adobe for nothing !!

They take my money monthly..but offer no support whatsoever...

Cannot wait until there are other pro choices on the market...will jump ship on adobe so fast it's not funny....

Here's the answer to this problem....with an addition for 10.13.6 below so make sure to read carefully.

1. Go to the macOS Finder
  2. Hold down the [option] key and select Go> Library...
  3. Navigate to /Library/Preferences/Adobe/amecommand/10.0.0/
  4. Locate the file called “Trace Database.txt”
    • If that file is present, and it is empty, delete it
  5. Then go to /Library/Preferences/Adobe/dynamiclinkmediaserver/10.0.0/
  6. Locate the file called “Trace Database.txt”
    • If that file is present, and it is empty, delete it.
  7. Restart Photoshop

Note: If your videos stop rendering, you may need to go through these steps again.

For 10.13.6 High Sierra

The library/adobe/amecommand/10.0.0 folder does not exist...so I simply followed step 5 on...and can now import video into PS CC 2018. yay !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do i do on a windows 10? i have the same problem and when i open the dynamic folder its empty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much mpphoto1 - your solution worked for me. I am wondering how did you find the solution. I was just about to contact Adobe, but that would mean lots of time wasted and I expect there would be no solution at the end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2018 Sep 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works just fine for me too, follwoing your tip:

For 10.13.6 High Sierra

The library/adobe/amecommand/10.0.0 folder does not exist...so I simply followed step 5 on...and can now import video into PS CC 2018.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RE: Step 5

I have found the “Trace Database.txt” file and it has;

Assert 1        5

dynamiclink  1          5

Stupid question, but is that considered 'empty' or 'containing data'? and if the latter what should i do next?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2018 Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if the Trace Database.txt file is not empty?  Do I still trash it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked exactly once, and now does not work on any other computers.

My issue is in an entire classroom of 14,1 iMacs running MacOS 10.13.6 and Adobe CC2018. Some of the computers have no issues, others do. It makes no sense. I tried the solution above above, and it worked on one unit, but none of the others.

I tried the Photoshop Preferences reset mentioned somewhere else as well with no success. I tried opening a PSD file with video in it without success.

Having a solution to a problem that no one can explain is impossible. What is the "Dynamic Link Media Server" and how is it effected by opening video. What is actually happening when it runs into an error? Why can I search "Dynamic Link Media Server" on Adobe's help section, but then they have no posts? This is a stupid problem to have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OMG, thank you so much. It worked for me too! Yay!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2019 Apr 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issues with LR !! And Adobe appear to not care and not know how to fix.

Below worked for me once ... now can not import any MP4 video

Chatting to Abobe, they haven't a clue ... tell me to try all the things that are obvious to try (which I have) and then they can't think of how to help ! No use at all !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the fix does work, to an extent. I, as the admin user, can fix the issue with the above method. However, even fixing the issue in the user account does not work using admin privileges. Fixing the issue using the admin user also does not fix the issue for regular user log in. I must be logged in as the admin and continue to use the account.

I have yet to see any real reason why this even happens. The way the error is listed, it sounds like it should be an issue with linking files in some way. That being said, when I attempted my "work around" of saving video files as PSD files, when they were opened they had the red exclamation in the Layers palette signifying a missing file. However, you cannot "relink" the video file and it does not ask you to fix the issue when opening it.

I'd really like to know what the issue is even if I have to continue doing this lame fix method, I'd at least like to know what is causing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines