• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing 360 photos .dng format / Insta360

Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone assist or point me to a useful tutorial? I have an Insta360 EVO camera and trying to simply edit some 360 photos. The camera shoots RAW in the .dng format. This opens in camera raw but separates the two cameras into circular photos one on top of the other. If I open the dng file in the Insta app they are merged into a true 360 photo but I have no RAW editing ability there. If I open the dng file in PS it doesn't merge the two cameras into one sphere that can be edited, stitched, and exported for 360. Am I missing something or is there simply no way to do this in PS?

IMG_20200205_094948_00_004.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Mar 21, 2020 Mar 21, 2020

Hey Steven, 

Not sure if you gave already figured this out as it has been a wheil since your original post, 

When shooting raw in the Insta 360,  the files save as you are showing them,   Run a batch export on all the raw DNG files thru the Insta360Studio,  You can find the batch expport inthe File tab of the Studio Application, 

Select all the DNG files that came out of the camera and give it a export file destination,  The Studio will stitch the photos and render a RAW stitched DNG fil ethat y

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need some stitching application that support fish eye lens.  You may also do better taking 5 images up down and 3 horizontally at 120 degrees from each other for better overlap. Also check the Camera manufactures site to see what Firmwate and software downloads they have for you camera. insta360 evo  

Applications like Photoshop and Microsoft ICE do not support stitching circular fisheye images.   You need software that support stitching those circular fisheye lens images. 

stitching circular fisheye lens images software 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I mentioned though, I have the Insta app that can stitch the images but I can't edit in RAW. Conversely, if I use PS I can edit in RAW but can't stitch the photo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There were free plug-in for stitching in Photoshop. "Panorama Tools"  But companies bugged the Professor so he removed them from the web. Other used the code to develop PTGui, PTAssembler and Hugin. However those developers did not include Photoshop Plug-ins in their Products.  I think that all you may have missed. Open source now. Panorama Tools  

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2020 Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Steven, 

Not sure if you gave already figured this out as it has been a wheil since your original post, 

When shooting raw in the Insta 360,  the files save as you are showing them,   Run a batch export on all the raw DNG files thru the Insta360Studio,  You can find the batch expport inthe File tab of the Studio Application, 

Select all the DNG files that came out of the camera and give it a export file destination,  The Studio will stitch the photos and render a RAW stitched DNG fil ethat you can then edit in any software ie Lightroom or Photoshop,

Once your done your editng in the chosen editing software you can export as Jpeg for final viewing, 

Shootin gin Raw gives you a tone more flexibility then the .INS fileas that come from the camera (essentiallly Jpegs in their format) 

Hope this was helpful, 

Cameron 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2020 Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm having some trouble with this one and Insta 360 One R raw files after exporting them from Insta 360 Studio. Lightroom and Camera RAW via Photoshop opens the stiched files with half of the picture darker (or half of the picture lighter) than the other half. This only occurs in Adobe softwares and I had a long chat with Adobes customer service about this and we were unable to fix the issue. We even tried installing the upcoming Camera Raw beta with no luck..

The same dng files open okay in Affinity photo, but I'd much rather do the white balance and mixed lighting color correction etc. in Lightroom, since it's way more convenient. The original dng files straight from the camera work "okay" (just the same problem as the thread starter has with the two balloons).

Capture_360problem.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2020 Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it's a pain, good stitch but horrible line. I want to import the different exposures fron the DNG and create a HDR or blend myself and not use their smaller jpg version !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is issue with insta360 one r firmware or insta360 studio. Your not alone. I have even attempted to edit in bridge and just save it into orginal file. That just dropes the orginal images down several stops. Camera is new, so I assume updates should fix this issue soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here too. I have had a very quick play around with merging the HDR from DNG files in Lightroom, then stitching the panorama in PTGui, then out of PTGui as uncompressed TIF for final tweaks (lightroom or Photoshop) before compressing to JPG. Bit of a faff, but was much better result than the JPG straight from Insta360 Studio 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, if the issue is only in Adobe programs, please search or create a thread on the https://feedback.photoshop.com site, watched by Adobe staff. Make sure to provide as many relevant details as possible, the camera name in the title, the camera raw version, Photoshop's, etc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted insta360 provided them examples, and they got back to me with a link to a beta version of insta360 studio 2020 that corrected this issue. They are aware and have seemed to have fixed the DNG issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem too. Have you same hint how corrected this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the link to the beta software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows:static.insta360.com/Insta360%20Studio%202020/Insta360%20Studio%202020_Winx64_3.4.8_build_20200411124...
Mac: drive.google.com/open?id=1bJ0uUU0do7rYkOnGz-MHKisKq26nFWRk

add https// in front of URL won't let me post HTML code links

Only used windows version, have found it corrects issue.  Found no other bugs in it so far

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it does correct the issue heaps, but still a little there unfortunately.

Thanks for the update though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2023 Jan 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Insta360 is my one of the favorite action camera. Insta360 go 3 Release Date, here’s what I would do first: make it matte black. It’s less obvious, and I think it looks more cool. I’d make it a little larger, a bit taller, maybe about 20 inches wider to cause a larger battery.A larger sensor would be nice, but not an absolute must.

I would make the lens larger with a wider aperture to let more light in for low-light shots. I put an OLED display on the camera; the GoPro’s remote control has a tiny and really effective display, and the DJI remote has an even tinier one, so it would be great to see something like this on the camera body itself, no more relying on a smartphone to change the settings, and I’d like a better microphone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines