• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

End-of-file problem with PSB file

New Here ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem with a PSB file that cannot be opened because I get an end-of-file error. Tried updating the program, tried using repair programs but they all only work for PSD files. I tried to recover a project from an overwritten file. Reset preferences didn't work either. I'm in a bind right now because I want this file to work back and none of the solutions will work. I even wrote to @AdobeCare on Twitter, and despite their help, I still haven't recovered the file.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most often, an issue like this is caused by hardware failure, power outage, system crash, or something similar - where a save process was interrupted.

You could try holding down Opt/Alt + shift to ignore layer data and try and read just the composite data if it exists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was the file saved locally or directly over a network?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2022 May 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Locally. It has not been stored on a portable drive, in the cloud, or over the network.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2022 May 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, it isn't the storage, it is directly saving an open file over a network which is a common source of corruption, as opposed to saving to a local drive and copying the file over the network.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines