• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error: There is a problem with Generator

Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2020 Jan 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For past two days, I get this error and some of PS function don't work: "There is a problem with Generator. Please quit Photoshop and try again. If the problem persists, remove any third-party plug-ins or try reinstalling Photoshop."

Today, I updated PS, and it installed this version:

Adobe Photoshop Version: 20.0.8 20191122.r.92 2019/11/22: 1208122 x64

I don't think I've added any plugins and the Generator plugin in the photoshop files is empty.

I've restarted PS, I've restarted my machine, and I've udpated the software.  I still get this same error message.  I can't find a support ticket system for monthly subscription users, is there one?  Please assist. Sincerely, VT

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Hi,

Me too had the same issue and tried almost everything to get rid of the warning message for which the results were negative after every attempt.But, Finally when I had an accidental glance to my notifications panel, which is at the bottom most right corner of the task bar in Win 10 I got the solution for it.

When I clicked the notification which said "Unauthorised changes blocked(Controlled access blocked)"  it lead me to the " Virus & threat Secur

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 109 Replies 109
New Here ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

omg thank you! I'd messed around with my documents folders and couldn't figure out why generator was broken. This fixed my issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone who still has the problem: I did everything that was recommend in this entire thread and nothing worked.

The answer for me was that I redirected the Adobe programs (via hardlink) to another hard drive. I simply reinstalled the files to the original directory and everything that hasn't worked before works now (also Adobe Dimension didn't load the main window before)... Such a simple answer I never thought about. I used another hard drive because of space problems and it always worked with a hardlink for every program I use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a Win 10 user not using Malwarebytes, this solution worked perfectly for me:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/error-there-is-a-problem-with-generator/m-p/10863169#M30158...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Generator not found. why does this happen in the paid version? I cannot start the program! I have the latest version 23 ... everything is official! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pals,

1.Open: Search in Your Computer
2.Write: Virus & Threat Protection
3.Click: Enter Button
Down in the list under Ransomware protection
4.Click: Manage ransomware protection
5.Turn OFF the button under controlled folder access

DONE!!!
Creativity lives Forever Champs! All the best in your work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!!! pleaseee help me! I would like to understand this clearly! 

I got access from my mac to that node, but then what should I do? delete that node.exe? I really appreciate it any help from you! this is drving me crazy haha and I would love to have that tool working the generator one.

Thanks!!! have a lovely day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2023 Aug 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone, so I think I was able to figure this out because now I can export. 

Go to SETTINGS and on the sidebar click on "EXPORT", make sure that "EXPORT AS" is disabled and then click on the sidebar "PLUGINS" and disable "ENABLE GENERATOR" and then click "OK" to your top left and restart your PS. This did it for me and I am running PS BETA v 25.0.

I hope this help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello , I need your help ! I downloaded Photoshop 2023 whis generator! But when I want use generator, I can , because it’s white the internet not connect ! But every thing is working ! What I last to do ? I already delete and after download again! It’s not help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2024 Mar 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot_35.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2024 Mar 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This thread is about the feature to save files using "Generate" (in the File menu), which is distinct from "Generative Fill". I would suggest starting a new discussion if there are issues with either feature, as this is an old thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines