• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error when exporting Actionset to text file

Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Long time ago, I encountered an error when trying to export an actionset to a text file.

Since this day, if I want to export again an actionset, Ps prompt an error message saying :

"Could not complete the command because of  a program error."

Stangely, a text file is yet created, but the content always corresponds to the actionset of the first time I encountered the error message.

The PSErrorLog reports :

..\..\sources\ZStrings.cpp : 5334 : REQUIRE failed

Looking for a possible solution different than reseting the Ps preferences. If I remember well I had already tried that the first time I had met the error, but to no avail.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

When you hold down the CTRL+ALT keys and use the Action Palette fly-out menu item Save Action. All loaded Action sets and the actions should save into a text file on your system into the folder and files you set in the save action dialog.  I just did that and saved to my desktop Actions.txt its a 661KB text file contain 30,000+ text line about the Actions.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you hold down the CTRL+ALT keys and use the Action Palette fly-out menu item Save Action. All loaded Action sets and the actions should save into a text file on your system into the folder and files you set in the save action dialog.  I just did that and saved to my desktop Actions.txt its a 661KB text file contain 30,000+ text line about the Actions.

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I do ( = CTRL+ALT keys and use the Action Palette fly-out menu item Save Action ), but with the error I reported.

Just tried to find a possible solution to this problem like changing Ps language to my original native language, but it also failed...

Now I'm wondering  if "Ps Saving Actionset to text file" relies on some resources files ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Photoshop like you are new users starting Photoshop for the first time.   Close Photoshop.  Use Windows File explorer make sure it will show hidden folder and files. Navigate to Folder:

"C:\Users\(your User ID)\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2022"

Rename the folder to:

"C:\Users\(your User ID)\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2022 Mine"

The start Photoshop do not migrate your preferences just let Adobe Photoshop setup Photoshop it default way. Them try saving  Adobe default actions as a text file onto your desktop.  If it does not close Photoshop delete the folder:

"C:\Users\(your User ID)\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2022"

then rename

"C:\Users\(your User ID)\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2022 Mine" back.

If the TXT file is created without an error there is some corrupt or missing in your user id Application data for Photoshop.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying to help.

I'm a CS6 user, I should had said it before, sorry for not having.

The TXT file is created after an error message prompt, but the TXT file content is not corresponding to the actionset I tried to export.

The TXT content obtained is always filled with the same content of another actionset I tried to export a very long time ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then try renaming your CS6 user ID  Application Data folder and Start CS6 for the first time. If your use perpetual CS6 it need its updates  your CS6 version should show as version 13.0.1.3  where mine is Creative cloud CS6 version 13.1.2.

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't it write all action sets to the file, including the one you are interested in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, my stupid mistake I thought it exports only the current selected actionset...not all the actionsets inside the palette. Thanks to you for opening my eyes !

By the way, I have also just discovered that the number of lines that can be written to the txt file seems to be limited :

- with all my current actionsets, the export is no complete; some actionsets are missing.

- but if i leave only few actionsets inside the action palette, the export is complete = all actionsets have been written to the file.

So the solution is :

before exporting to text, back-up the ActionsPalette.psp file, delete inside the actions palette the actionsets I don't need, then export to txt.

When done, just reload my ActionsPalette back-up. (Ps need to be closed and relaunched)

And voilà.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now you know one of JJMack posts deserves to be marked as correct solution 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lol... will try to read word by word next time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should write text for all actions sets you have loaded in the Action Palette  not just  the Action set you highlighted.  As I showed a 30,000+ line text file was written when I saved the text file.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From my test, It can't write more than 191205 lines or maybe it is  a limitation from my reader software. (Tested with 2different readers, result was the same, only191205 lines !)

Thanks to both of you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Most things in life  has limits.  Photoshop like other application and operating system  have many limits . Photoshop limits layers to 8,000,  Alpha Channels to 53,  The Action Palette also has a size limits. Where I may be able  to loads many actions sets if  I try to fully expand All actions in every action set so I can read very action steps setting I have found that may exceed the Action Palette maximum size.   File formats have limits   Most image file formats can not exceed 2GB,  Tiff can handle 4GB.,  Even File formats like  PSB that by design has no limit  actually has a limit for  there  is a limit as to  Physical storage   you can have  on the rock called Earth.  Ask BuzzLightYear an image of the Universe is infinity and beyond.   Do you need more than  200K line of Actions description...

I find the 53 Alpha channel limit a bit restrictive I have no issue with a 200k limit.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines