• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Evented I/O for V8 JavaScript, is it safe?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2013 Nov 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After opening Photoshop CC (14.1.2) I receive a Window Security Alert stated that Windows Firewall has blocked some feature of this app. The details are as follows: Windows Firewall has blocked some of the features of Evented I/O for V8 Javascript on all public and private networks. The publisher is Joyent, Inc. and the path is C:/program files/adobe/adobe photoshop cc (64 bit)/photoshop-node.exe. My question, is it safe to allow Evented I/O for V8 to communicate on private and/or public networds?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 23, 2015 Nov 23, 2015

OK, I will try to explain easily the workaround proposed by annexa89826053

1. Go to here and download process explorer: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/processexplorer.aspx

2. You will get a .zip file that you need to extract to a normal windows folder -> Right click extract

3. Run the file procexp.exe

4. Accept the  license terms

5. Once the Process Explorer is running you can select from the list a process called: node.exe (green icon)

6. right click node.exe and select Suspend

DONE

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Engaged ,
Nov 27, 2015 Nov 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirmed too. Works fine for me and my 10 other collegues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2015 Dec 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey. Works for me, too. Update on the new CC version did the trick. . Thanks Wosik1‌!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem still getting the v8 error but do not have node.exe... what is the real solution? why in the world should I have to download the product AGAIN when I am paying a monthly service and it's supposed to be updated by adobe... can't they just put the fix on their panel for next update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I wrote you should update the Creative Cloud Desktop to the latest version  x.4.1.181.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2015 Dec 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this did NOT correct my problem as I am still receiving the messages after the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2015 Dec 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the last update of Creative Cloud the error is gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2016 Feb 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to get the popup to stop by letting node.exe run as an admin file:

1. Open Task Manager

2. Click the Processes tab

3. Right click on the "node.exe" process

4. Click Properties

5. Click the Compatibility tab

6. Click in the "Run as administrator" check box

7. Click Apply

8. Click Ok    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 16, 2016 Feb 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi

6. right click node.exe and select Suspend

but does it suspend for ever ?

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2016 Feb 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌I can,t use photoshop cc. The I/o script message repeats every fifteen seconds! Neither advice sequence has worked. Any ideas please Helen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2016 Mar 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fix does work, thank you, but I have had to do it each time I sign on to my computer.  The error message comes up without opening any of the CC Apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2016 Mar 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you go to Youtube.com and do a search on "How do disable adobe apps at startup in windows" Assuming you are using windows and NOT Apple computer. You will find instruction on how to stop CC App from loading each time you sign into your computer. WIndows 7, 8 and 10 all three has video instructions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines