Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export Date on Ipad is wrong

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Everytime I export a jpg from photoshop on an iPad it saves to a whole different date. I worked on something today and my camera roll said it was made March 7,1982

How can I fix that?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. I had so many repetive pics of the same image to delete because I kept thinking the export was failing. It wasn't showing up in my camera roll as recent like always. After awhile I just happened to notice that the number of pictures in my roll were going up with each save. After searching through all my pictures I finally found them. Yesterday they were saving as May 8, 1990 and today they're saving as Sept. 5, 1985. In the app, however, it states the correct day. Another project date I compared between the app and the camera roll save date was a Dec. 15, 2020 project that saved as July 12, 1992. 

Another thing is in the app the projects shown under recent are in reverse order. The oldest date is at the top and the newest are at the bottom. Maybe there is a setting I am missing though.

Tech Details:

Photoshop version 2.0.2 on a 5th gen iPad that's running iPadOS 14.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first thing to check is: what do you have in Settings > General > Date & Time?

~ Jane

BC2992EE-42AA-4099-A553-D2AB6A4A2B22.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of that is normal. Photoshop is the only app responding this way. In the CC app the cloud files all have the correct date and time. If I do a quick export from there they maintain the correct, current date. I also tested the AI app and that exports normally too. It seems to just be the PS app that is adding the wrong date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Photoshop forum to Photoshop for Mobile.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2021 Jul 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yet every search comes back here. This is frustrating and the export problem remains even though complaints go back at least a year. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is so weird.  I haven't experienced that issue myself

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i've been having the same problem, but its not just with jpeg files it also with png files, everytime i export a file it would show it was created in march 2000 a year before i was born, and i've also noticed that when i have exported and then imported into photoshop mix and then created my image then it does the same thing which is annoying. 

i'm running the latest version of photoshop for ipad, photoshop mix and ipad os (14.4)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here.  It was working fine when this app was first released.  It seems to be a recent update issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. 
iPad mini, 5th gen, 14.4.1

any jpg export from PS has a wrong date by many years.
Adobe, any fix for this yet? Really needs a fix. Attached is an example screen shot. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirmed. Photoshop on iOS has issues when exporting files; the app saves the files with incorrect dates. Since the iOS Photos app sorts files by date, the user must scroll all the way back to the beginning of the roll to see recently exported images. This is fairly annoying when you're looking for files. If you don't know to scroll up, you'd assume the export didn't work. Please fix this. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@museislander wrote:

Yet every search comes back here. This is frustrating and the export problem remains even though complaints go back at least a year. 

Hi

This is a user forum and we do not work for Adobe. To report bugs to the Adobe team, click the question mark in the upper right of the PS app, then click "Send Feedback".

Jane

Forum volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Yes, I realize that. I was hoping to find whether some users had found a solution, but I couldn’t even find a separate community for Photoshop mobile, just the ”Photoshop ecosystem.” And my search there led me back to this post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@museislander wrote:
Thank you. Yes, I realize that. I was hoping to find whether some users had found a solution, but I couldn’t even find a separate community for Photoshop mobile, just the ”Photoshop ecosystem.” And my search there led me back to this post.

You're welcome, and your post encouraged me to dig a little further.

On July 16, Adobe decided to merge the "Photoshop" and "Photoshop for Mobile" communities and rename it "Photoshop Ecosystem".

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem/combining-photoshop-amp-photoshop-mobile-into-pho...

I was still writing my other (longer) answer when you posted this one. Hopefully someone will tell Adobe. 

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I just tested this two ways, exporting to JPEG from the same PSDC both times:

• Publish and Export > JPEG > Save to Files > [folder on iPad that I created]
    The date field displays the correct date:
    19542262-3E50-41F5-B8FE-2860C5F7A735.jpeg

• Publish and Export > JPEG > Save Image (goes to Photos app)
    The date was February 3, 2021 and it was sorted in Photos by the wrong date.

In Photos, I then clicked on "Recents" and it appeared. This is not a fix; it's a work around.
    4D8DF8D9-907F-4E13-A061-5E15AB5AEF3C.jpeg

Thank you @D. Humann for mentioning the Photos app, as I was only exporting to Files, where it worked properly for me.

Again to report bugs to Adobe (instead of to other users),. click the question mark in the upper right of the PS app, then click "Send Feedback". Give your entire workflow, step-by-step, including what you choose for export. 

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 30, 2022 Jul 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. Weird behaviour number 2. I followed this guide and saved to my files. Date was fine. Then I went to Files, opened the image and saved that to the camera roll. When I did this it reverted to the same (wrong) date as when I exported it to the camera roll initially. So maybe this is an iOS issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2024 Feb 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same problem. I export artwork and it disappears. I finally figured out that it exported it with the date of August 30, 2001. A while back I was going through my photos in my iPad and noticed that I had photos going back all the way back to 1970 and it's all of my missing artwork which is a lot. This problem has been going on for quite some time now and I could never figure out why I couldn't export and also there was a whole bunch of artwork missing. I ended up redoing all the edits that I did in Photoshop which was a lot like a lot of it I had painted new layers hundreds and hundreds of hours of work all gone. Well I found it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines