• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export Layers to File Error - The command delete is not available (PS 22.5)

New Here ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As stated in the title I'm having issues using the Export Layer to File function in PS. I've tired closing and reopen the program, closing the program and restart my computer, downgardaing to lower versions of PS and finally streight up uninstall PS and CC desktop completely from computer and reinstalling. Nothing has worked and I've pretty much wasted one of my few free days troubleshooting rather then doing what I wanted to do. I am very fustrated as I have never had this problem before in all the months I've been using PS. I have made no special update on my computer I can think of that would trigger such an odd error and online search for answers have yeild nothing. Help?

I'm on Windows 10.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

I did try resetting the preferences but that didn't work.

What did work was setting PS to run only from my dedicated graphic cards via the graphic cards own setting (not through PS). It was the one thing I hadn't thought of trying in my fustration and desperation. In short, I was able to resolve the issue (hopefully permanently) on my own in the end.

Feel free to close out this topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Please give us more specifics on this. Can you screenshot what things look like, when you try to use Export Layer to File? Is it grayed out? Is it giving you an error? I'm afraid it's really hard to try to troubleshoot, with just the info above. 

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't mention resetting preferences?

Preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did try resetting the preferences but that didn't work.

What did work was setting PS to run only from my dedicated graphic cards via the graphic cards own setting (not through PS). It was the one thing I hadn't thought of trying in my fustration and desperation. In short, I was able to resolve the issue (hopefully permanently) on my own in the end.

Feel free to close out this topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, if you are getting this error, check that the layers you are trying to export are not inside a Group. The script will fail when it tries to delete the Group Folder. To avoid this, keep your layers at the top level (without grouping) and that will solve the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i found the solution when i faced the same problem. For me i faced this problem when i had layers being locked. i have the layers in groups as well. after unlocking the layers and still maintaining the grouped layers, Export > Layer to File function worked well for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines