• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File > Export > Save for Web (Legacy...) gets error "The operation could not be completed."

Explorer ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On latest Photoshop upgrade (23.5.1 Release)
When I got to: File > Export > Save for Web (Legacy...) I get error: "The operation could not be completed."
This feels more like a downgrade. Can you tell me the fix....or how to downgrade my photoshop to previous version?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Try resetting your Photoshop preferences. Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) immediately after launching Photoshop. You will be prompted to delete the current settings. You can also reset preferences upon a quit if Photoshop is running by going into General Preferences>General>Reset on Quit.

Any better?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting your Photoshop preferences. Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) immediately after launching Photoshop. You will be prompted to delete the current settings. You can also reset preferences upon a quit if Photoshop is running by going into General Preferences>General>Reset on Quit.

Any better?

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thedigitaldog,
Before seeing your response, I did exactly what you recommended and came back to report I'd found solution only to see your perfectly explained response. Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue since the update to version 24, i am having to reset preferences everytime i quit and reopen photoshop which is becoming quite annoying. Is this a bug that Adobe intends to fix or an issue on the user end?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, it isn't a bug and isn't to be fixed. I've never, in nearly 33 years (starting in 1990), ever needed to reset my preferences. But many do, and it is a fix for many issues that pop up from time to time. Just reset, configure, and backup a clean copy of your preference file should it ever need to be replaced. Or make a screen capture of the settings. 

This action only affects the items found in the preferences dialog box. Numerous program settings are stored in the Adobe Photoshop Preferences file, including general display options, file-saving options, performance options, cursor options, transparency options, type options, and options for plug‑ins and scratch disks. Brushes (and lots of other settings) are not affected by a preference reset. 

If your prefs are getting corrupted every time you use Photoshop, you've got some problem with your HD, OS or something else that needs attention.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines