• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Finding Moire is a problem, is finding a moire tool/slider/brush also going to be a problem?

Participant ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

After buying a Z7 I am finding a problem with moire in my photos, is there anything left in Photoshop to deal with it?

Thanks 

Chris

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Evaluate at 100% (1:1) view as moiré may be introduced by resampling to other magnifications.

If you are shootint fabric or other subjects that may clash with the camera sensor array, yes, there are techniques to reduce or remote.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Its one of the brushes. I use it now and then because my 5Dsr can be prone to picking up moire.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Evaluate at 100% (1:1) view as moiré may be introduced by resampling to other magnifications.

If you are shootint fabric or other subjects that may clash with the camera sensor array, yes, there are techniques to reduce or remote.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I am, shootint fabric or other subjects that may clash with the camera sensor array, yes, there are techniques to reduce or remote.  It use to be part of the local adjustments and it is now available after I make a mask.

Thank you, problem solved!

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use a moiré brush in Camera Raw, or in the Camera raw filter for rendered files.

Follow Stephen's advice, and evaluate and apply the brush at 100% view.

Use 100% for all image detail, like sharpening, noise reduction and chromatic aberration.

image_2022-02-17_223328.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't used the moiré reduction brush option before, unless I used it wrong there was no result in the photo from this topic:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/i-need-help-with-an-edit/m-p/12447164

Is it only for "minor" moiré or was this user error?

EDIT: It only appears to fix the colour moiré and not the luminosity moiré in this example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a go at the image in the thread you linked to, and yes, it only remove the colors. The pattern is still there.

I have limited experience with moiré, but I sometimes get it on repeating patterns in architecture shots, and on water surfaces (small, repeating waves) in landscapes.

This is usually easily removed without trace, and I never get anything as bad as in the image below.

Help-2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming. The action that I created from the technique originally described by Dan Margulis generally works well for removing the luminosity banding in addition to the colour banding. Best to not create the moiré in the first place though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Per. I'm using Camera Raw 14.4 and I don't see Moire Reduction. Is there another option to use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its one of the brushes. I use it now and then because my 5Dsr can be prone to picking up moire.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much. I would not have looked there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 5Dsr which can have moire issues, but you can avoid a lot of it by shooting correctly. Usually even a small change in magnification will get rid of it. Take photos at slightly different distances and focal lengths and chimp the files as you shoot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to both,

This is what I found.  I had occasionaly found this and it was easily removed, I don't remember the tonal pattern remaining, if it did I would have noticed so either not that extreme or it to was removed. This was maybe ten years ago so the sensor had an anti aliasing filter and I was using Capture One at the time.

Again thanks 

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines