• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fixed: New Path layers break after naming, anchors do not connect in Photoshop 22.3 update

Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have just updated from PS 22.2 to 22.3. I have found that when trying to edit existing paths (rather than creating a new one from scratch) there seems to be a bug. If I delete one or more anchor points and pick-up the path again it will not join to new anchor points or close the path. Have had to give up and go back to 22.2.

I wonder if anyone else has experienced the same problem?

{Moderator Note: Edited the thread title, PS-63074}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 22.4 which should include the fix for this issue. To update Photoshop to the latest version, you can check: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

For information on other issues fixed with this update, please check: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jane, I've become out of touch with things like known issues after I stopped posting for a good long while.  I can see I have some catching up to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Trevor.Dennis, this bug came in with the new 22.3. Hopefully it will be fixed soon!

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When is this going to be fixed? Still an issue 22.3.1 on Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 22.4 which should include the fix for this issue. To update Photoshop to the latest version, you can check: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

For information on other issues fixed with this update, please check: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unbelievable! updated to 22.4, path seemed to be working BUT TODAY THE SAME ISSUE IS BACK!!!! THIS IS SUCH A PAIN - MAKING MY JOB DIFFICULT!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you elaborate on the exact situation, maybe post screenshots (or a screen recording)? 

Does the work-around of maintaining a Work Path still apply? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, still need to work around

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Desde que he instalado la nueva versión de Photoshop la herramienta pluma solo funcionan si hay un trazado de trabajo. En el momento que se borra el trazado de trabajo o se guarda quedando la ventana de trazados libre de ningún trazado de trabajo la pluma pasa a  hacer puntos aislados y resulta imposible enlazar un punto con otro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the Photoshop (version 22.3.0) is updated, I can't draw any path when I saved the path. I can't work with PS anymore! What's going on???

My Mac spec:

Mac Pro (Late 2013)

Memory 12 GB 1866 MHz DDR3

Graphics AMD FirePro D300 2 GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It works as expected on my system. Is it possible to describe your workflow with this particular problem.

/G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keep one unneeded Work Path, then you should be able to work on named Paths. 

bugReportPenToolUnconnectedPathPoints2.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

This has been identified as a known issue and our product team working towards a fix for it. In the meantime, you may upvote the issue here: https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/photoshop/photoshop-2230-pen-tool-not-working-as-it-sho...

As a workaround you may roll back to the previous version of Photoshop for now: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html

Regards,
Sahil 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same work-around then … 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem!! How is it possible to 'break' functionality as important as this?
I can't do paths!!!
I can't believe it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»I can't do paths!!!«

Does simply keeping a Work Path really overtax you? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It wasn't only that. I couldn't make paths with inner areas and I've lost hours of work trying to find the problem because I thought it was anything I was doing wrong.

Now I've returned to the previous version of Photoshop, but I cannot understand bugs like this one... that was reported in this thread two weeks ago! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone found a work around besides going back a version in photoshop. I have it happen on a new path too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How often do I need to write it? 

Maintain a Work Path. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That didn't work for me. Even with a work path, the behaviour was crazy.
I returned to the previous version and still working with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect you did not actually follow the recommendation and would like to see screenshots (including the Paths Panel) to clarify. 

But it doesn’t seem worth the trouble to upgrade if you are content working with Photoshop 22.2.x

Edit: 

bugReportPenToolUnconnectedPathPoints4.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created clipping paths in Photoshop for years and never had a problem.  Now, all of the sudden (last update?) when I try to make a path, there is no "path" between the points - they are not connected with a path.  What setting do I need to adjust?  Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

It's a known issue and our engineering is working on a fix for the same. In the meantime, you can check this thread for more information on this issue and install a previous version of Photoshop as a workaround: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/m-anchor-points-on-a-path-don-t-connect-after-the-photoshop...

Previous version installation steps: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do not need to revert to an older version.

As repeatedly stated by c.pfaffenbichler, just create and maintain a workpath. That workpath needs only one path point. Then you can edit your saved paths at will

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines