• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fixed: Photoshop 22.0 neural filter style transfer not available

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am pumped for the style transfer feature in photoshop 2021, but it is the only neural filter that wont work. The download button is unclickable and greyed out and it says the filter is not available.

ndow_0-1603204484487.png

{Moderator Note: Edited thread title, LFP-1846, PS-57169}

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

When I restarted for a third time, it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 22.0.1 that should resolve this issue.

This update includes fixes to some of the top users reported issues. Check out the list of all fixed issues here: Fixed issues in Photoshop

To update Photoshop to 22.0.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. 

For help with updating, see Update Creative Cloud apps.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Finally I could install these filters... First I had to set the temporary path (TEMP and TMP) to c:\windows\temp. Second I had to run PS as administrator. Then the download worked.

Then I started PS without admin-rights and the filters were not installed... So I had to change the rights for all of the directories in folder c:\users\....\Appdata\Roaming\Adobe\UXP\PluginsStorage\PHSP\22\Internal\com.adobe.nfp.gallery\ that I am authorised to access it.

Afterwords the filters worked!! *halleluja*

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 235 Replies 235
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somehow this thread is marker as "resolved". May it is for tha specific problem which started the trhread, but it did not resovle mine. 
I started a decicated thread 
Photoshop 22 does not access neural filters - gets stuck in the "spinning circle mode"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Style Transfer neural filter crashes both my Macbook Pros and causes a restart. I open an image and as soon as I turn on this filter, the blue loading ring freezes and the MBP restarts. If I uncheck the GPU, it does finish. Both MBPs are mid 2012 running 10.15.7 and the graphics is Intel HD4300 OpenGL 2.1 compliant, 1.2 OpenCL. Everything else works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as far as I'm concerned, clicking on Neural filter nothing happens! Absolutely nothing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue, and the folder where you could delete some stuff does not exist for me. But the problem was for me i found to be that it was still opening some old version of photoshop. Once i openened explicitly 22.0 from the creative cloud window it worked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a MacBook Pro with Catalina, and NONE of my Neural Filters are available or downloadable.  When I go into it, the filters are listed but they all either say Not Available and the Download button is greyed out and some just have a button that says "I'm interested".  How do I download these?  None of the solutions listed in this topic have worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also struggled with this issue last few days. Fixes I've tried: 

1. Restart Photoshop 22.0 (several times)
  2. Reinstall Photoshop 22.0 (several times, English and Swedish)
  3. Deleting Plugindata
  4. Remove privileges from all users to delete from PluginData
  5. Move PluginData files from MacBook Pro 2015/Catalina 10.15.7 (where all the filter works) 

The download starts but immediately stops and/or flashes to 100%, there's activity on the network but nothing ever downloads (where I can find it).

Windows 10, running on Ryzen 5 3600x, 2070 Super and 32GB of RAM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made it working! I copied the folders UXP and Lightroom 2021 from my Macbook where it is working to my iMac. I can now use the filters, but downloads still do not work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, can you dowload that filters somewere, maybe that works for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As pointed out above - if you need files get them from Adobe (support details below). Asking someone to break the terms of their licence by sharing Adobe files is not the way to go.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a Mac (or PC) where the Neural filters are working.  It's the same on any system on the network.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe support can be contacted using the Contact Us link at the bottom of this page

Download & install help

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ Adobe - any update on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actualy, I can install the Style Filter (Windows 10, 1 yr old Surface book), but photoshop always crashes in the moment when I activate the the filter switch. Any idea for a solution? Reinstallation worked, but did not change anything, PS stil crashes.

P.S. This is the first time ever that I see Photoshop crashing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To all who have the problem with Win10
None of the Workarrounds worked for me
Check your Scratch Disks in Photoshop Preferences. If your Bootpartions C: ist not listed you may have changed the Systems Temporary Folder location in former times (Maybe for saving a SSD)
Check your SystemEnviromentvariables. Verify if the System Temp Folder for the current user is located on boot partition.
I set the my values back to default. When starting PS again C: was listed in Scratch volumes and Download of neural Filters works.
Kind regards. Dirk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That works (but shouldn't work like that).

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of that will work on a Mac.  I haven't touched my scratch disk settings so it is still default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You´re right. As I mentioned. For all Win10 Users.
🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I tried that, and it did not work for me. Really frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to be an administrator or create an administrator account which I
had to do through a command prompt with admin privileges.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know. I need to Start PS with administator privileges for showing up my Bootdrive in the scratch disk list of PS. But starting PS with  administator privileges this didn´t solve the Problem.
Setting my Systemenvironment Uservariables from E:\temp back to C:\WINDOWS\TEMP solved the problem.
Screenshot 2020-11-02 193307.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case I logged in under that new administrator account.
Opened ps 2021
Opened a jpg
Downloaded all the available new filters.
Copied the filters from the admins folder over to mine.

Plus -- I don't put any temp/ACR/cloud files on my C drive unless
absolutely necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you really check the Systemenvironment Variables?Screenshot 2020-11-02 193307.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By setting the Path to Temp Folder to back to the defaultvalue, I no longer need to start PS as Administrator to get the Disk C:\ listed in the scratch disk list of PS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.. I did NOT.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fixed my problem.
I had my Windows TEMP File on my L Drive.
I looked in PS Preferences | Scratch Disk and my C Drive was not even listed..  I had also set my Scratch disks to a NVME and Normal SSD.

In Windows 10, System Properties | Environment Variables, I set my TEMP directory back to C:\WindowsaTEMP
I then went back into  PS Preferences | Scratch Disk and was able to select my C: Drive as a scratch disk.
Neural Filters downloading ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines