• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fixed: Photoshop 22.0 neural filter style transfer not available

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am pumped for the style transfer feature in photoshop 2021, but it is the only neural filter that wont work. The download button is unclickable and greyed out and it says the filter is not available.

ndow_0-1603204484487.png

{Moderator Note: Edited thread title, LFP-1846, PS-57169}

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

When I restarted for a third time, it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 22.0.1 that should resolve this issue.

This update includes fixes to some of the top users reported issues. Check out the list of all fixed issues here: Fixed issues in Photoshop

To update Photoshop to 22.0.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. 

For help with updating, see Update Creative Cloud apps.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Finally I could install these filters... First I had to set the temporary path (TEMP and TMP) to c:\windows\temp. Second I had to run PS as administrator. Then the download worked.

Then I started PS without admin-rights and the filters were not installed... So I had to change the rights for all of the directories in folder c:\users\....\Appdata\Roaming\Adobe\UXP\PluginsStorage\PHSP\22\Internal\com.adobe.nfp.gallery\ that I am authorised to access it.

Afterwords the filters worked!! *halleluja*

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 235 Replies 235
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, after struggling with downloading the filters I have found and tried a workaround.

I created a new user on my Mac and installed Photoshop 22.0.1 as that user. Within this installation I was able to download the Neural Filters. I then copied the PluginData folder from the newly created user and replaced my own PluginData folder with that one. And guess what, it works.

The folder I replaced can be found here: 

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/UXP/PluginsStorage/PHSP/22/Internal/com.adobe.nfp.gallery/PluginData

The ~ is the home directory of the user.

Somewhere in this post somebody used this workaround on Windows. I am going to try that as well, but I can't say already if that will work also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Worked here on W10 machine. Must be an administrator!
Not just belonging to the admin group, but an actual admin!
I thought they rolled out a fix for all this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm already admin and even starting Photoshop as Administrator doesn't fix the meter from running back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was "admin" as well. But in the admin "group." Nothing worked until I
created a new user with admin privileges.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm Administrator (not just part of the group). Maybe it's more about creating a new (clean) useraccount. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This still does not work even after an uninstall and reinstall of photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on everything I've read, it won't work at all unless your user account is in the default location. It's not following the usual protocols of using the specified folder, but the default ones. Adobe appears to have rushed this release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again. I created a new admin user. Logged on as that user.
Opened Ps
Opened a jpg
and the filters all downloaded.
Located all the newly downloaded plugins folder and copied it to my
corresponding user folder.
Logged out
Logged in as my user.
All good now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would agree that there is a rush somewhere along their release of this feature with a dropped ball in the quality check. It seems strange that you have to create a new admin account or login with the admin account to download these files and then copy them over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree 100%. Adobe has issues. These various workarounds should NOT be
necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If anyone has the contents of the working plugins folder in a zip file somewhere, please send me a PM. If that's illegal, ignore this message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

" If that's illegal, ignore this message."

Yes, it is illegal.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you determine legality?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"How do you determine legality?"

Read the terms and conditions :

Adobe General Terms of Use

Extract below:

6.2 Misuse. You must not misuse the Services or Software. For example, you must not:

a.....

b. copy, modify, host, stream, sublicence or resell the Services or Software;

c.......

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need to change permissions and you don't need to create a new account or use the Administrator account, but Ps does have to be running as administrator. Instructions for Windows 10: To do this, instead of launching Ps from the creative cloud app, find it in the Start menu and right click. Hover over to more and then Run as administrator. Open an image and you'll be able to download the Neural filters then. Close Ps and reopen it the way you normally do. Congrats! Your filters are there!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wondering why Adobe didn't know this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know, but it would have been really nice if the thing detected the issue and told you that it needed administrator privileges to install the filters. People wouldn't be wasting hours of their time and getting bitter at Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Plus, I had Adobe support on remote connection more than once attempting to
correct the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really went for your determinations and ran PS as administrator, but I'm still not able to download the filters. It still starts off looking like it's downloading but then the loading circle disappears again and the download-cload appears. Incredibly frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure Ps is completely shut down, you're logged in to your regular account and that you "Run as administrator". This did the trick for me. Best of luck getting it working but it is indeed incredibly frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this approach.
Find photoshop under start menu.
Right click it.
Click on more
Drop down to Run as administrator.
Get an image open
I'm being told the filters will download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of the solutions worked. I'm giving up on Neural filters. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case there was a problem with ramdisk, i changed the leter drive  from a to z and temporary set scratch disk to drive c. Then neural filters works fine,   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem is not fixed, just wanted to keep the thread up to date because it may appear that this issue has a fix that is generally applicable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to Version 22.3, the problem is still there !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines