• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fixed: Photoshop 22.0 neural filter style transfer not available

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am pumped for the style transfer feature in photoshop 2021, but it is the only neural filter that wont work. The download button is unclickable and greyed out and it says the filter is not available.

ndow_0-1603204484487.png

{Moderator Note: Edited thread title, LFP-1846, PS-57169}

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

When I restarted for a third time, it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 22.0.1 that should resolve this issue.

This update includes fixes to some of the top users reported issues. Check out the list of all fixed issues here: Fixed issues in Photoshop

To update Photoshop to 22.0.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. 

For help with updating, see Update Creative Cloud apps.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Finally I could install these filters... First I had to set the temporary path (TEMP and TMP) to c:\windows\temp. Second I had to run PS as administrator. Then the download worked.

Then I started PS without admin-rights and the filters were not installed... So I had to change the rights for all of the directories in folder c:\users\....\Appdata\Roaming\Adobe\UXP\PluginsStorage\PHSP\22\Internal\com.adobe.nfp.gallery\ that I am authorised to access it.

Afterwords the filters worked!! *halleluja*

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 235 Replies 235
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They also are not showing up for me! How can we find them? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see the neural filters in my "up to date" app, either. Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 11.17.46 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It says Neural Filters comes with update 22.0. Mine is 21.2 and says it up-to-date. When will 22.0 be available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's being deployed by region, so some areas may not have it yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Bonnie15B9 ,

In the upper right corner of the Creative Cloud app, click the three dots to force a refresh of your screen to see the new versions if they still haven't appeared.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same issue.  Ran the upgrade again and they showed up the second time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't get too excited. I just updated and I get a crash every time I try to open neural filters on my 3 month old iMac. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me. I unistalled and reinstalled everything. It always crashes. Didf you find a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot download the style transfer filters. There is a black cloud with an exclamation point over it that says this filter is not available. It also says that for the skin smoothing filter. Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried  the steps I showed in the post earlier in this thread, to delete the content of the com.adobe.nfp.gallery > Plugin Data folder?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried thi9s and it did not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I restarted photoshop several times, deleted the contents of that folder several times that you mentioned above.. I restarted my computer several times. I reset my prefs. I uninstalled and reinstalled Photoshop 22. The filters are listed. The only 2 that managed to download and work are the smart portrait, and the depth aware haze. Those 2 are functioning. The rest have the gray cloud with an exclamation point saying This filter cannot be found. I am getting mighty frustrated that i cannot use the neural filters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave, I have tried in vain to locate the path you are mentioning. There is no appdata option that shows when I select my user name. I cannot even find a Plugin data folder. This is maddening/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this helps but mine, user name Photo, were at:
I'm just using commas as separators
c,users,Photo,AppData,Roaming,Adobe,UXP,PluginsStorage,
PHSP,22,Internal,com.adobe.nfp.gallery
See/Find the PluginData folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's because this is a hidden folder. You have to go to VIEW in the WinExplorer and select the tick to show the Hidden folders. But anyway, this is not the root cause, obviously. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also was not able to download the Neural Filters after Photoshop 22.0.0 update. Everytime I clicked on the cloud, it wold just stop and go back to a blue Download button. What gives?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My download button is just grayed out. There is definitely something wrong with these neural filters. Cannot even download them at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean 'why didn't we make the filters part of the initial download?'
... you want them?!
that's strange.
we thought you want to download the same program you already have without the new stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@OKdesign 

Most of the filters are in beta, so they are optional. See this page:

Neural Filters list and FAQ

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same exact issue, the main two filters it seems to download really quick, just to go back to needing to be downloaded.  I was able to use one of the beta filters last night, but I am stuck being unable to download the filters.  Can't find any help out there.  I did delete the items in the plugin folder recommended above, it did not help this situation.  Will we have to wait another month for this to be fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I have the excact same issue. Did you get it to work? Re-installed several times but it does not help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that if you remove the Setting directory before reinstalling Photoshop than AFTER the reinstall the filter work again - but only ONCE - meaning untill you quit Photoshop. After launching it again it goes again into the endless "Loading" spinning wheel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At least your download button is blue. My download button is grayed out, always. Says filter not availble. The only 2 filters that work are the smart portrait and the haze one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fred15_0-1603858609191.png

Why does this happen? Issue running neural filters?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had support remote-control my computer with the same results you are describing.
But we got it working by creating a new Admin-user, logging in to that profile, downloaded Photoshop, installed and then, like by magic, the filters could download.

Next step was to copy the filters from C:\Users\NEWADMINUSER\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\UXP\PluginsStorage\PHSP\22\Internal\com.adobe.nfp.gallery\PluginData to my real user account.
After this clean up by removing the new Admin-user account.
Everything works as described so far 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines