• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Graphics card incompatible

Participant ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today for the first time, I got a warning that my graphics processor is incompatible. It indicates that I don't have Open CL and I need a driver update. My GPU is an NVIDEA GE force GTX 1660 with 6 GB of VRAM. I've updated the driver and according to NVIDEA Open CL is included in the driver. I've never seen this warning before today however I use Corel Painter and it also indicates that my GPU can't be detected for using advanced features. I read a previous post recommending disabling an onboard graphic card. This did not improve the situation. I've uninstalled all NVIDEA software and started over with just a current driver. I'm really puzzled because to my knowledge I haven't had this problem before. Coincidently I discovered that my DVD drives aren't displaying in the explorer !! I've been working on all the suggestions I've read online to correct that problem but nothing works. Not sure if that's related but it sure is odd that all of this happened today. Any suggestions are appreciated. See screen shot attached. Thanks to all.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Just wanted to update my situation. After trying all of the suggestions offered here and online I resorted to my "Emergency Backup System Copy drive". Months ago I decided to get an SSD drive and clone my main drive just for emergencies like this. Best $60 I ever spent. The backup drive booted just fine and all things back to normal. I cloned that drive to my main drive and hopefully will have no more problems. I don't know what caused all these problems but apparently something corrupted my sys

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Coincidently I discovered that my DVD drives aren't displaying in the explorer !!

By @donp30872227

Check the cabling and power supply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll check that out as soon as I solve my Graphics card problem. Thank you !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure to use the Studio Driver, not the Game Ready Driver and choose Clean Installation.

NVIDIA STUDIO DRIVER - WHQL

Driver Version: 512.96 - Release Date: Mon May 23, 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the suggestion. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the current Studio driver 3 times with no change in the problem. Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haven't tried or needed it...
How to Fix Adobe PS Graphics Processor Not Detected or Detecting Error — GPU Not Detected
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qv7gcE0cycs

Oops, yours may be a different question... — sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have reverted back to Photoshop 23.3.2 and I no longer see the "Graphics Processor is Incompatible" message however the "Open CL" option is still grayed out. According to NVIDIA the current driver for my GPU contains OPEN CL. I don't know why I don't have that option available. I've contacted COREL about the same issue with Painter 2022. It's very odd that both of these programs are having issues with my graphics processor. Corel Painter indicates that my GPU can't be used. See attached photo. I am wondering if all of the changes made to my settings in Device Manager yesterday to solve a problem with my DVD drives has anything to do with it. I deleted some of the devices and restarted in order to replace the drivers with a restart. When it rains it pours. Any suggestions are most welcome. Thanks.

BTW, I have updated my NVIDEA driver 3 times with a clean install using the "Studio" version. Didn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @donp30872227, Sounds frustrating, for sure. In case you haven't done this yet, look in your Device Manager, under Display adapters, and right click on your card's Properties. What does the Device status box show? Then, on the Events tab, click View All Events, and see if there are any error levels written there. This may at least give you some clues as to what is going on so you can troubleshoot from there. Let us know how it goes!

JainLemos_0-1655913636499.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kinda seems *part* of your GPU is not detected at least. In that case I would try my link anyway (at your own risk 😉 ).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After contacting Asus (my motherboard manufacturer) I talked to tech support and learned that the SATA ports that I am using for DVD's on my motherboard are disabled when an M.2 SSD is plugged into a particular port on the motherboard. They share functionality !! I was unaware of this. I moved my M.2 drive to another port and both of my DVD players work perfectly. It did indicate this in the manual but I misread it when searching for the cause of my problem. Thank you ASUS. Now back to work. Thanks for your suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to update my situation. After trying all of the suggestions offered here and online I resorted to my "Emergency Backup System Copy drive". Months ago I decided to get an SSD drive and clone my main drive just for emergencies like this. Best $60 I ever spent. The backup drive booted just fine and all things back to normal. I cloned that drive to my main drive and hopefully will have no more problems. I don't know what caused all these problems but apparently something corrupted my system. Thanks to all who shared their thoughts and suggestions. Happy computing to everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines