Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hand Tool lock after releasing spacebar

Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

since the last update i have an issue with the hand tool. Usually i use the space bar for switch to the hand tool and scroll the image, but after releasing the space bar and the mouse click the tool keep working like if i am still holding down the commands annd the cursor movement clearly move my visual. For unlocking it i have to click 4-5 times on the image o clickin on the navigator.

Someone have an idea for fixing it? 😞

Thanks a lot

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
replies 117 Replies 117
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2023 Jun 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop V24.5, same issue, even using Legacy Undo in Shorcuts. Not my hardware, as I do not have the problem in Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 05, 2023 Jun 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a bug. Downgrade is the only solution. There's a handful of threads about this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a bug, agree, but to my knowledge resetting preferences fixes it for everybody - except those who say they set "legacy undo" instead. But I suspect resetting prefs would have done it there too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These fixes do not always work. I tried. Did nothing. Rolling back to previous version is the only thing that cured it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried resetting preferences and setting legacy undo and the issue is still there for me.I will say that when I did both of those things it seems to be fixed but within minutes of working, the handtool/shift/pan bug resurfaces. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 07, 2023 Jun 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This also happens with the zoom and the marquee tool (and probaby other tools as well). The tools seems to get stuck if you move the cursor while releasing the mouse button. It works if you hold the cursor perfectly still when releasing the mouse button.

So, which is the latest version that works? 24.0? I don't have the energy tro try them all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I rolled back to 24.0, and it works just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah I feel like its happening with literally every tool now; hand, zoom, marquee, eye dropper, brush and lasso latency seems absurdly long.

The issue is significatly worse in the latest build and significatly worse again in the beta. 24.0 as others have siad is the last version I know that seemed to work correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2023 Jun 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good comment, yes this is the way to reproduce it every time for me. It gets stuck with the hand tool, marquee, eyedropper, text paragraph, zoom, etc etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 have this problem and no suggested fixes work, rolling back once again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem.  I'm working in an environment that already uses legacy undo shortcuts turned on and flick panning turned off.   I thought it was an issue with an old mouse so I bought a new one.  The problem persists.  It's clearly an issue with the latest version of the PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same Problem with SPACE + STRG with Wacom Tablett

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 13, 2023 Jun 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very funny bug. ! I only care about bug testing that I'm interested in and downgrade every time I check it hasn't been fixed so I didn't notice this.
If I don't click the mouse one more time like the space bar hand tool has a magnet on it, the hand tool is fixed?
an interesting bug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2023 Jun 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same problem. Dramatically reduces my work speed, it is very annoying. I hope this issue will be resolved as soon as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2023 Jun 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have same issue, but IDK it's work or not. You just turn off Preferences > Tools > Spring-loaded Tool Shortcuts 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2023 Jun 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is horrible!
No solution seems to fix it for me.
It's like someone is holding down the spacebar after you released it.
But it's only in Photoshop, our keyboards are not broken.
Please Adobe fix this massive bug!

I will switch back to an older version immediately.
All these fancy new functions are useless when you can't properly navigate around your image.
It's very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2023 Jun 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since last version same problem. Went back to 24.5.

But still: please get rid of the bug.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 20, 2023 Jun 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys, This is Discussions Tab.
No matter how much you talk about it here, it will be difficult to be reflected in the modifications.
I posted a bug thread about this. Please share your experiences.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/completely-broken-hand-tool-ps24-5/idc-p/138...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2023 Jun 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have install Photoshop 24.6. Same Problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2023 Jun 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Can anyone try to repoduce the problem, while there is NO browser open?
I just read another thread with someone saying, closing safari makes the issue not come up for him.

Im currently testing myself with firefox being closed. So far it hasnt come up, which is weird, normally i can make photshop act up with this the second i open it and scroll around frantically.

Currently, after 15minutes of testing, it hasnt happened yet - i have Photoshop, Indesign, Outlook and a few Folders open, nothing else.

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2023 Jun 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I have the same problem, it was so bad that I couldn't work with it anymore.

So I tried a few things and that alone is a circumstance that shouldn't be, if only because we all pay within a subscription, i mean for what we are paying? Report an critical error here and it hasn't been fixed for months.

My solution looked like this:
I uninstalled all Wacom drivers and then installed version 6.3.44. Then in the Wacom settings under the respective software under projection there is a check "Use Windows ink" which I have set.

Its a bit better now, although the smallest fine adjustments with the pen are no longer possible within Photoshop because the gripping point is now very spongy, so i have to use the mouse for it. Incidentally, this also applies to other workflows, such as quickly zooming in and moving the image with the hand tool. Everything seems a bit spongy and the "grip point" doesn't always work. In any case, the pointer no longer sticks to the picture. If this happens to you every second / third click like it does to me, you can no longer work with it.

Adobe has to solve this, it's easy to reproduce, someone has even posted a video here. I assume most use Windows 10 / 11, latest drivers, latest PS version etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2023 Jul 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rolled back to 2021, works fine now. When I've got some time I'll be researching new software - totally over Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2023 Jul 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just started happening to me today (mouse and wacom) except clicking out of the hangup wasn't working for me so it was truly something I couldn't work around. I did the "check legacy undo" in the keyboard shortcuts dialogue - because HEY ADOBE we don't have time to be redoing all our preferences every time you guys create a conflict in your software just to figure out what you did. Anyway.

The legacy undo seems to have done it for me. I've been working for about an hour and it hasn't come back yet. Arguably, legacy undo is almost as much of a disruption as the move tool b$ so I thought I'd offer a solution to that in case turning on legacy undo worked for you. I just went into keyboard shortcuts and swapped the crtl+alt+z that does step backward for the old ctrl+z. Step forward shortcut doesn't change, obviously. Basically normal now if you don't look at the preferences. Business as usual until they figure it out at least. Hopefully this helps, good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2023 Jul 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another Photoshop update and still not fixed. Unreal. Using latest version of Windows 10 with a mouse and as the original poster states, when zoomed in and hold the space bar to pan and when the space bar is released, its stays locked in pan mode. Unbelievely frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2023 Jul 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, its wierd bit but you need to take your finger off the mouse button before realsing the space bar and it act like normal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines