• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Has MacOS Sonoma fixed Ventura's problem not saving print settings?

Contributor ,
Aug 07, 2023 Aug 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Ventura, there's been an ongoing problem with print settings not being reliably saved. (See https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/updated-macos-ventura-13-2-1-print-se...

Has anyone tried this with the Sonoma beta? (Keeping my hopes up...)

Thanks,
Russell

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 16, 2023 Oct 16, 2023

One workaround that we have found to be working is to create the print settings(presets) using the Preview app. Simply open any file with Preview,  go to the Print menu, select the target printer, select your desired settings, incliding the printer settings and save it as a "Print Job Preset" for that printer.
Then - selecting those presets from Photoshop seems to work consistenly. The only thing to NOT do is to not try to midify the presets through Photoshop as it will ruin them - only use the P

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2024 Jul 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@tracyvalleau what a helpful reply and research you’ve done, thanks for sharing, you wrote

EDIT

"I spoke directly to the actual programmers at DxO" 

what is DxO please, I wondered as you also refer to it later - 

"printer does work using DxO Photolab, it appears that the problem is as I described."

I believe that what users are wanting is with - say - and Epson printer so save "print presets" like media type, resolution etc. and access them from Photoshop. 

EDIT, OK I discovered the meaning of 'DxO', you're referring to an app called DxO Photolab - I should have read your blog entry before commenting, my apologies. 

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net - adobe forum volunteer - co-author: 'getting colour right'
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management
Help others by clicking "Correct Answer" if the question is answered.
Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
hello

DxO is a French software and hardware company that has been involved in digital optics for over 20 years now. They have a fascinating and very impressive history, and are well known and respected in the professional digital photography world. Their "PRIME" noise reduction is the best in the world, for example. DxO PhotoLap is a worthy competitor to LightRoom. (I use both.)

This is worth a read: https://www.dxo.com/company/

As I noted before, I strongly suspect that the key lies in completely deleting the setting file for the printer. Then rebuild it starting from scratch, and using ONLY the Job preset and NOT the Custom Preset.

Give it a try using Preview.

Tracy

Oh... I have revised and expanded my aforementioned blog post today. https://valleau.art/blog/printer-presets-no-longer-working-right/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2024 Apr 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've oppend a BUG REPORT to adobe.

Could everybody in this thread please vote in my request here to get relevance?

https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/926812-acrobat-reader-for-windows-and-mac/suggestions/48243602-...

So adobe will notice I hope some day.....

Thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@manuelfhp it looks like this is an Apple issue according to the research and testing done by @tracyvalleau and described in this thread - sadly it also seems, going by comments here, like the make presets in "Preview" app [and use in Photoshop] has stopped working with macOS Sonoma 

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net - adobe forum volunteer - co-author: 'getting colour right'
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management
Help others by clicking "Correct Answer" if the question is answered.
Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines