• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Having trouble with hand tool and marquee tool.

Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The rectengular marquee tool is not selecting the area I want. The selection snaps to a different place instead.

I like to use hand tool via space bar but lately, every time I do it, it also snaps to a different place and eventually the preview crashes. I can still save (thank god) but I have to close the file and reopen it to work on it.

The video demonstrates both of these problems. I don't know whats causing it and how to fix it.

Please help me.

I have updated my photoshop cc to the latest version, Adobe Photoshop Version: 21.1.1

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Hi did you tried to reset preferences of Photoshop and check?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bug only goes away by downgrading to version 21.0.3, results may vary but it seems to work for a lot of people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just reset my PS prefs AND updated drivers for my NVidia GTX 1070, restarted and I've been working for a while without seeing the bug. Not sure if it's fixed for good but will report back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK that did not work, it's back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I use the spacebar to pan around with my tablet, it will crash the program (while still allowing me to save) and force me to restart. Happens 2-3 times an hour during my regular workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, did someone try the august update (21.2.2) to see if it solved the problem ? (or better yet, the 21.2.3, which i see now has just been released)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still there. 

Adobe Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issues and wondering if its possible to contact adobe about this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried reporting this with Adobe but the person I have spoken to this morning refuses to acknowledge it's a bug, and just say it's a performance issue with my hardware with a link to the usual suggestions like installing more RAM in my 8 month old £3K workstation. I guess no more updates for me then. I wonder what happens if I stop paying?! The most promising info so far is from Micah who has found out that it might be a mouse "polling" issue. I have no idea how to change the polling speed, so I am going to dig out an old mouse and see how I get on. It seems like this is being left for us to resolve ourselves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... and by the way the issue is still present in 21.2.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is ridiculous. I have had this bug on two machines (before downgrading), one of which also is a workstation. I have a number of people at my office who have had their trouble with this bug. It seems to happen more frequently on graphics tablets/ screens, which should be able to take advantage of more features, not less..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The following is what Adobe Customer Care told me:

It is not a bug as it is working fine from our end. Please foolow the article: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/optimize-photoshop-cc-performance.html

Case closed it seems!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled/reinstalled, I showed it directly to a technician who took control of my computer with a mirrored screen and that was several months ago and he clearly saw that something was wrong and he had no solution. If a technical problem appearing after an update on several unrelated computers is not a bug, I'd like to know what is...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow. Seems they need to get back to caring about their software and its users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to take one for the team and try out 21.2.4 to see if this has been sorted!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Did you try it ? What's your verdict ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue still present on version 21.2.4. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still present in 22.0.0

Adobe Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Twitter support seemed to indicate this is a result of high mouse polling.  Test you mouse polling rate, if over 125mhz, see if you can lower it (with Corsair mouse, you can use iCue).  

Adobe Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey it's December, I'm using v.22.0.1 and this is still a major issue.  I've lost so much time... very frustrating. Hello, Adobe??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And if the message boards are to be believed, there are even new bugs in the lateste version so I'll still wait... That's so baffling to see that 10 months are passing and Adobe is not doing anything to correct those bugs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, always the same question : did somebody try the new update from january (version 22.1.1) to check if the problem was solved ? Thank you. (In the fixed issues for the new release, they say they solved "program errors while using different tools and commands"so that might be part of it ?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still present in 22.1.0 20201125.r.94

Adobe Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue came up for me today. One thing I noticed was that I'd been using my mouse for a little while and my Wacom tablet had gone to sleep. That's about when my issue started. I woke the tablet up, and then the marquee tool began behaving normally again. I'm curious if anyone else can reproduce this, and if there's really a connection between the two.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!! Yes, this was how I resolved the issue, following your comment. I woke up the Wacom tablet, used my pen to create a marquee and that did the trick, and it worked fine with my mouse as well after having done this. What a weird bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can confirm. Switching to the tablet works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines