• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help: PNG keeps blurring when scaled down 50%

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, any help would be much appreciated. 

I have been trying to scale a transparent PNG down in PS by 50%, but it keeps blurring the image (Transform > Scale > Width and Height to 50%). I have tried converting it into a smart object and scaling it down, changing the interpolation options, sizing it down in AI and then placing it in Photoshop, but the image is always blurry no matter what I do. Anti-Alias is also greyed out. 

Here are the stats of my PNG:

W: 1024 px

H: 2048 px

Res: 240 ppi

Any help would be much appreciated because I haven't been able to find a solution anywhere.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Image > Image Size > 50 percent, checkmark Resample and select Bicubic or Automatic then OK to commit.

Also view the reduced image at 100% zoom (actual size) where it is most sharp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @gener7  for replying. I've tried that too, but the image is still very blurry unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you throw away pixels, you are setting yourself up for this loss of quality.

As @gener7 said, use Image Size to reduce to 50%.

Your two best options are Bicubic Sharpen (reduction), or (my preference for this) Nearest Neighbour.

Nearest Neighbour will prevent any antialiasing whatsoever. You will see more choppy bitmaps, but to the naked eye, they will look crisper.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"sizing it down in AI and then placing it in Photoshop, but the image is always blurry no matter what I do. Anti-Alias is also greyed out. "

If you need image in Photoshop what is the way you import it there? Exporting from Illustrator then placing in Photoshop? It looks sharp after exporting from Illustrator? Please check magnification or viewing level, it should be 100% to judge correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines