• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I change zoom increments?

Contributor ,
May 07, 2023 May 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want my zoom increments to be in 10% increments - how do I do this please?

I don't want the default of 6.25/8.33/12.5/16.67/25/33.33 etc...

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AFAIK, the only way to do this would be to enter the value you wish, in the editable field and the bottom left of the document window where you see the zoom ratio. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Opps, 

Or use the scrubby zoom option (when the zoom tool is active, look at the options bar). 

zoom.png

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you just highlight that field, Shift + +/- will adjust the zoom by 10%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So with Scrubby Zoom, the Shift key provides a zoom based on the contextual menu (100/200/300% etc); too bad a modifier key used with shift, like Alt wouldn't instead make the steps 10%. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the replies.
I always use command +/- shortcut for the zoom, but would like to change the actual increments using this method only.
Is it possible to actually alter the default increments somehow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the replies.
I always use command +/- shortcut for the zoom, but would like to change the actual increments using this method only.
Is it possible to actually alter the default increments somehow?

By @TypoMan23

No, not that I'm aware of. Again, some keys appear to be available with the current KBSC combo to zoom that might be used, so you should file a feature request. 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-ideas/how-do-i-write-a-feature-request/idi-p/1238...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe one could Script this and apply a shortcut to the Script. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines