• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I make the tools icons and menus bigger? They are ant sized!!

Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got a new laptop(Lenovo ideapad Y700) and it has a killer high res screen. When I installed the latest CC, all the icons and menus are SUPER SMALL! Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign... I did change the magnification of the OS to 250% but that did nothing to fix things in the program. HELP! I can't work like this...my eyes already hurt!! Sigh.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

UI_1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shadownin,

I purchased a monitor with amazing resolution and the issue was that the resolution was just too high. Try lowering the resolution to test out how the icons look and see if that works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did, however that messes with everything else. If I do that my OS dialog boxes are HUGE! Isn't there a way to change the icon size within the program?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UI_1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That totally fixed it in Photoshop! Thank you SO MUCH! Can't find that in Illustrator though...is it in a different place?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ShadowNIN  wrote

That totally fixed it in Photoshop! Thank you SO MUCH! Can't find that in Illustrator though...is it in a different place?

For illustrator, see below:

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you DFosse and Dave for posting!! It has been driving me bonkers for I don't know how long!! You have saved my eyes and my head from the headaches it was giving me! So happy I came across your answers! Blessings the both of you are! Thank you so much!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm. Davescm, this had no effect at all for me. I closed and reopened Illustrator-- everything is still tiny.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you confirm the application you have an issue with? You mention Illustrator but this is the Photoshop forum. Also the apps have moved on since 2017 so please give details of the application  version and your operating system.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2024 Feb 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My Prefences do not have User Interface! What now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My UI Scaling option is grayed out. Any help would be appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is true ShadowNIN, I was thinking it was making all of your icons smaller, not just the Adobe ones. I realize that my issue was different because all of the icons on my computer were really small and were giving me a headache.

Preferences is definitely a better way to go.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I saw your answer and I have the CS6 version with the small icons, and do not have the options to change the interface scaling, do you know where I can find it on mine?  Thanks, same thing..eyes are hurting.  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somewhat late, but here is the answer, @justgettingmyfeetwet :

https://danantonielli.com/adobe-app-scaling-on-high-dpi-displays-fix/

- I remember using it myself. Seems it is for older versions only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, you can change aplication menu scaling directly from windows monitor properties,above resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that this question is for CC, but for PS CS6 do the following:

To fix scaling problems with CS6 within Windows 10:
1) Right click on Adobe Photoshop (or Lightroom) icon and choose "Properties."
2) Click on Compatability tab
3) Click on "Change high DPI settings"
4) Check the box for "Use this setting to fix scaling problems..."
5) Check the box for "Override high DPI scaling behavior."
6) Set dropd own menu to "System"
7) In the drop down for "Use the DPI that's set for my main display when" to I open this program.
8) click ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked, thank you, you don't know how much your comment means to me 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just be aware that this scales everything up, including the image. Effectively, it turns your expensive 4K display into a standard low-resolution HD display.

Newer Photoshop versions with full high resolution display support, will retain the high resolution in the image, and just scale up the interface.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2023 Nov 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought a 4k monitor and new I7 computer. I installed CS6 and it's up and running. The problemis that the tools and words on the desk top of Adobe CS6 are small. and the preferences does not have a scaling size to change. Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2023 Nov 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@K. Michael33892159v236 

You can start by reading the post directly above yours. 4K screens did not exist in 2012. Photoshop CS6 does not support it and there is no way to make it work properly.

Support for 4K screens came with Photoshop CC 2014.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines