• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I delete swatches in Photoshop 2021 ? I don't see an option saying Preset Manager.

Participant ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I delete swatches in Photoshop 2021. I don't see an option saying Preset Manager. I have one saying Preset Status. When I try to add a swatch Photoshop says that Swatches are full. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Deleting the default and legacy Groups should not be a problem as you can always reload them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Window > Swatches 

Screenshot 2021-10-20 at 15.11.12.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I meant, not to delete the default folders. I don't know if people run into problems when they delete the default folders. Do you think it's okay to get rid of the legacy folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please explain what you mean exactly, maybe post screenshots. 

delete the default folders

Do you mean within the Panel in Photoshop or the actual files on your drive? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean within Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleting the default and legacy Groups should not be a problem as you can always reload them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, okay, I'm trying to figure out how to reload them. I deleted them, then I'm adding a new swatch. I'm going to see if resetting the essentials will bring them back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, okay, I'm trying to figure out how to reload them.

Screenshot 2021-10-20 at 15.37.40.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason, Photoshop is taking long to add the new swatch to the library. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gave up, adding the new swatch because my libraries panel is not working. How to I reload the legacy folders if I want to. I tried resetting the essentials layout, and putting preferences back to default but that did not work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to I reload the legacy folders if I want to.  

»Legacy Swatches« is there in the menu. 

I am not sure I fully understand what the problem is, what have you done for all-purpose trouble-shooting so far? 

Restoring Preferences after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved might be a good starting point:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I got the CC Libraries to work. I downloaded the newest version of CC Libraries, and then installed it.

However, I'm going to search how to bring back the Legacy Swatches. I just wanted to add a new swatch, for an example in a course I'm doing. I got it done. So, now I want to bring the Legacy Swatches back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey, I learned how to load the Legacy Swatches back.

Thank you for all your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines