• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I stretch an aspect ratio to a AR that's bigger?

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do i change aspect ratio to something bigger? I see at the top cropping, but i am trying to stretch my image from 2:3 aspect ratio to 3:4 aspect ratio. I feel there has to be an easier way to do this but google is just getting what i'm trying to ask confused with videos. I'm just trying to stretch an image bigger, not crop within the image. Can't figure out the math to do this manually either my head hurts trying to figure this out. Thanks!

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use Crop tool set to 3:4 to crop outside of canvas then use Transform to strech image to fill space. Ensure that you are working on normal not Background layer. Before using Crop tool it is wise to place guides at the edges of document to snap when dragging crop handles.

3 by 4 ratio crop.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry... i still can't figure it out... i type in 3:4 the way you had and press enter and nothing happens?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, @Lydia28352054sp8x by default, the crop tool will fit, and therefore hide parts of the image if the aspect ratio is different, you do need to click on the handles to increase the resulting image size.

As an alternative, you can use the Image>Canvas size, if you know the units, or the resulting image sizes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines