• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to add a tail on the end of a text in photoshop?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2016 Apr 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how to add a tail on the end of a text in photoshop?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Apr 17, 2016 Apr 17, 2016

I tested the font (from dafont.com) in the actual Photoshop on a Windows 7/32 Bit computer.

It's all ok.

Fenja

branball.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Can you elaborate more your question. Are you trying to add a swash to the last letter of a word or something else.

If so, you could check if your font have that glyphs. Type > Panels > Glyphs Panel (select your font)

Pierre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have an example of what you're looking to do? I'm assuming you wither want the last letter of some line with a longer "tail", or do you want a big fancy swirl under the line starting from the last letter? Either way, you most likely should use the pen tool to draw the shape that you want. If you want an adjustable width stroke, like some calligraphy, Illustrator would be a better choice, as you can do variable width strokes with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that's exactly what I want to do. Have the last letter with the long tail at the end. I figured out how to do it but when I do it and click off of the image in Photoshop it disappears. How can I get it to stay ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What did you do to create it? If you drew it with the pen tool, you might have had the pen tool set to path, so it's still there, you just can't see it. You need to go to your paths panel, select it again and turn it into a shape.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the font required and pressed the number 9 to add the tail on at the end but when I click off of the image the tail disappears

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What font did you use. I'm not familiar with pressing the number 9. Was the number nine a glyph of that font, or did you press a modifier key while pressing 9?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The name of the font is called "Brannboll F Regular" when I press the number 9 the tail gets connected at the end of the text and where is the pen located? I'm familiar with photoshop just not with the newer version I'm using photoshop cc the  latest one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click Off of the image the tail of the text disappears idk why tho

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

But, do you Save the file before "click Off of the image" ? Is that font reside on your computer ? Or in the Cloud ?

Brannboll™ - Webfont & Desktop font « MyFonts

The back swash should be available in the Glyphs panel.

Pierre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chuck Uebele wrote:

What font did you use. I'm not familiar with pressing the number 9. Was the number nine a glyph of that font, or did you press a modifier key while pressing 9?

Chuck, the numbers in Brannboll f Regular are, in fact, tails of different lengths with 1 being the shortest, and 0 the longest.  So the OP should be able to hit the 9 key and be done.  I am wondering if something like baseline shift, or insertion point is making it disappear.  There is also the possibility of the tail being hidden by other layers.  With respect to the OP, it should be pretty basic, so I suspect something obvious is going on.  I'm on a quick time out at the moment, and don't have time to install and test.

Brannboll Font | dafont.com

[EDIT]  The forum update seems to have stopped inserted graphics being automatically scaled down.  The image above was cut off when I first posted it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 17, 2016 Apr 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tested the font (from dafont.com) in the actual Photoshop on a Windows 7/32 Bit computer.

It's all ok.

Fenja

branball.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I figured out how to do it ..

So, how do you do that ?

Pierre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the pen tool selected, select the path in the path panel, make sure the tool setting is set to path, the click on the shape button. You can then adjust the fill and stroke to match your text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines