• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change Jpeg default settings

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys I'm on CS6 and can't seem to find how to change DEFAULT jpeg settings.. every time an image saves it defaults to baseline quality 10 - I want it to default to Progressive quality 12.. I've tried google, I've tried looking in the preferences settings and can't find where to change the defaults

I want ALL of my photos ALWAYS to be progressive and max quality (12)

I don't want to have to go through making batch changes later etc.

There has to be a way to change the default

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Three options that jump to mind:

1. Record the settings into an action, there is a trick to record an invalid save path that will force the action to ask where to save the file, however all other settngs will be defaulted as recorded.

2. Use the Image Processor Pro script, which can all be recorded into an action (the step will record blank but all settings will be included). Then the action can be run from a keyboard shortcut etc.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/ps-scripts/files/Image%20Processor%20Pro/v3_2%20betas/

3. A custom script could be written, but the save location would need to be programmed (ask for location, same folder as the original image etc).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I know how to create actions but I don't want to 'fix it later' - I want photoshop to save everything correctly in the highest resolution to begin with. it's one thing to convert baseline to progressive later but if something is saved at level 8-10 quality by default, running an action that changes it to 12 later won't improve the quality.. - Is there absolutely no way to change the default save method to level 12?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not suggest having to “fix it later”. As detailed above, I know of no default for the standard save as command. The way to make it save as with your desired settings is to set an action or script to save how you wish it to be saved in the first place and then use that action or script instead of the save as command.

save_as_action_trick.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Photoshop CC and the jpeg options seem to stick, at least on MacOS, but another idea is File > Save for Web. It will keep the compression and Progressive settings, and you can control items like Metadata and embed a Color Profile. You can also adjust the pixel dimensions in the fly as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Had the same issue this week. Noticed it happened after I created a script for a 6 quality, that it was defaulting to save at 6. I wanted to go back to the default 12, so I went to FILE > SCRIPT > IMAGE PROCESSOR, there I ented 12 Jpeg quality in section 3. I pressed enter (even though I did not have any images loaded) and then went to save my next image and it was back to 12 quality. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines