• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to copy web images into Photoshop

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just switched from Photoshop 2015.5 to Photoshop CC (with my new Macbook Pro). With the previous version of PS, I could right-click copy an image from a website, open PS, and select "new" (command N), it would automatically determine the photo dimensions/format, and I'd hit paste (command V), and the web image would now be ready for me to edit and save as a jpeg.

When I try to follow this procedure with PS CC, I'm asked to select a file size/format, and even when I guess at that, I cannot paste the new image ("paste"is grayed out).

Suggestions, please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Photoshop​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure the image was copied? Websites sometimes prevent that with Javascript. When you select 'New' with a copied image in the clipboard, you should get the new dialog with 'Clipboard' as first choice.

Lightroom.jpg

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'm sure it was copied. And yes, I get the clipboard (a new feature). I select the first option (although why I have options, I do not know, since PS 2015 automatically selected the right one), get a blank canvas and then try to paste – no dice. And "paste" under "edit" is grayed out.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try it, Photoshop automatically selects the clipboard option and I can paste the image just fine.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps there's a preference/setting for that, but PS CC does not work in the same way as PS 2015 (for me).

Also, perhaps this was an issue with only the image I was trying to copy/paste. I'll try again with another image.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried it on two more images and had no issues. I'm embarrassed to say this may have been a one-off aberration. Sorry to have bothered the group.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually Neil, I am having similar issues. I can paste just fine from web image to new Photoshop file but the canvas all of a sudden is no longer getting the memo about the image dimensions. Been going on for a couple of weeks now and I am using the latest version. Also it is happening on both my Adobe subscriptions (work and personal) on two platforms (Mac and Windows). Hoping it corrects itself soon! If anyone has an idea of why this just started happening, please let me know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a four years old thread! There is an issue with the latest update of Photoshop (https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/p-create-new-window-not-reflecting-right-dim...), but obviously this has nothing to do with this thread of 2018.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha! Didn't notice it was a 2018 post!! I was in such a rush to find an answer that I wasn't paying attention. Glad it got your attention though, and thank you for the workaround link! Will try it now. Seems like it will be the fix! Again, thanks! Will check back here in 2026 for further responses!  😉   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI, The fix worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines