• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to disable the welcome screen?

Participant ,
Oct 06, 2014 Oct 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the most recent update of Photoshop CC 2014 (being 2014.2.0) every time I start it, a welcome screen appears:

Capture.PNG

Not very welcoming I must say, but how do I get rid of this?

(and bonus points for the first who can answer why this screen is essentially empty )

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 06, 2014 Oct 06, 2014

See this document: Troubleshoot Welcome Screen in Photoshop

Scroll all the way down to the bottom. There's a check box "Don't Show Welcome Screen Again"

You can relaunch the screen at a later date by selecting Help>Welcome Screen...

If you are a trial user, there isn't a way to easily disable the Welcome screen.  That's because we hope you'll use it to better learn how Photoshop works during your trial period.  If you do close it manually, it won't appear again until you relaunch.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 119 Replies 119
LEGEND ,
Jul 30, 2015 Jul 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try going to Edit>Preferences>Reviewing>Show Welcome dialog when opening file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look for a skinny black X in the upper right of the blue welcome area.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't see any type of X except that Turn Mobile Link on near my name Craig and that does not turn off this Welcome page or whatever it is.

acro.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gene, I wonder if he's talking about the recent file list? I don't think that can be disabled, can it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat is a different bird. You get a home screen if you do not double click on a pdf. It's not the same as a welcome screen and you can't disable it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well 'welcome' screen or 'home' screen, this new 'feature' is not welcome.

But thanks for everyone to try to help to remove it and at least I know now that the annoying screen is there to stay for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gener7 wrote:

Acrobat is a different bird. You get a home screen if you do not double click on a pdf. It's not the same as a welcome screen and you can't disable it.

That was my understanding, thanks for verifying.

Design-Kink wrote:

well 'welcome' screen or 'home' screen, this new 'feature' is not welcome.

But thanks for everyone to try to help to remove it and at least I know now that the annoying screen is there to stay for now.

You could post a request over here: Feature Request/Bug Report Form No guarantees though..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 04, 2015 Aug 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Indesign CC – Disable a blank Welcome Screen | UVSAR

this and other annoying stuff is only because adobe wants to spy on you and wants you online and in the cloud 24/7.

when you care a bit about your privacy you will be in hell with adobe and other companys.

stuff will not work or it will take minutes until the damn software has tried all IP adresses and finally gives up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2015 Sep 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS 2015 hangs on white welcome screen, os Yosemite 10.10.5, 24GB ram, can not work in PS for several days due to this white screen not clearing.  When i was able to i did click the Do not show this screen at the bottom and it NEVER took.  Did this several times.  Anybody solve this problem yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the steps list under Blank Welcome Screen.  Troubleshoot the Welcome Screen

If that does not work, try the next step of disconnecting from the Internet.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2015 Oct 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2014\Required\CEP\extensions

and remove the “com.photoshop.welcome” folder

Your welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2015 Oct 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Bad advice. Don't go instructing others to remove required files.

"Please note, removing required files will likely cause problems and result in errors installing future updates."  Jeffrey Adobe Staff.

Message 37: How to disable the welcome screen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 31, 2015 Oct 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌so, you're telling me Photoshop won't get worse? Sounds like the best thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2016 Feb 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What, then, do you recommend doing to get rid of the blank welcome screen?

And on what planet did someone think this was OK?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2016 Feb 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason the welcome screen is usually blank is that something is blocking it from communicating with Adobe's servers.

It could be an entry in your Hosts file or the Welcome screen server needs to be whitelisted in your Firewall settings.

Here's the troubleshooting checklist for it: Troubleshoot the Photoshop Welcome Screen

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2015 Dec 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My option to unchek the start screen is disabled. How can I solve it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2016 Jun 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those who have a trial version they dont have a checkbox option! In that case go to C// program files// adobe// adobe photoshop//required//CEP//windows//CEP//Extensions// and then Remove the folder. "com.photoshop.Welcome"!!! Please note: do NOT DELETE the folder! Just remove it to somewhere else! in case you want to restore it for some reason in the future you can put it back to the old place!! (for any other program just get to the program installation file path and search "com." there will be a bunch of folders but the "welcome one should be there somewere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 03, 2016 Jun 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't recommend this method. It will cause updates to fail in the future and it breaks signing.

You're better off going to Preferences > General... and unchecked the show start screen pref.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Adobe Illustrator CC 2015, I can disable welcome screen using  dropdown welcome screen and checkbox " Dont show........ " but before we must sign out Adobe Creative Clouds.. and can sign in again after disable welcome secreen work..

Please try

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines