• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get rid of all the lines around a shape

Participant ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created an ellipse and it has all these inward-facing lines around it. I suspect this has something to do with stroke but cannot see how to get rid of them. When I hit stroke and enter zero, I am told this isn't possible.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Hi @AntoniaAgain 

Your Properties are for your document because you have no shapes selected and no layers selected.

janee_0-1629766674656.png

To see the Properties for your Shape, you must first select it with the Path Selection tool. It will say "Shape Properties" at the top.

janee_1-1629766858335.png

I used the options bar here, not Properties. Follow the red squares and uncheck Dashed Line.

2021-08-23_20-52-35.png

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like a dashed line on a stoke.

Did you make the stroke with a shape tool or is it a stroke as a Layer effect? Check layers to see if you have any layer effects. If not, select the shape and show your options and properties panels.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not make a stroke at all. I just went to the side panel and created an ellipse and that came around the outside. I have never created any stroke resembling this for any previous shape.  Went into properties and see nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @AntoniaAgain 

Your Properties are for your document because you have no shapes selected and no layers selected.

janee_0-1629766674656.png

To see the Properties for your Shape, you must first select it with the Path Selection tool. It will say "Shape Properties" at the top.

janee_1-1629766858335.png

I used the options bar here, not Properties. Follow the red squares and uncheck Dashed Line.

2021-08-23_20-52-35.png

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@AntoniaAgain wrote:

I did not make a stroke at all.

Hi Antonia,

One more thing: options for tools are sticky, so the stroke with the dashed line may have been set yesterday or a month ago and it remains on until you until you turn it off or you reset your tools. When tools don't work as you expect, you can reset the current tool or all tools.

To return tools to their default settings, right-click the tool icon in the options bar (not Tools panel), and then choose Reset Tool or Reset All Tools from the context menu.

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/photoshop/using/using-tools.html

I hope this helps, and I hope you were able to remove the dashed line from your oval. 

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2024 Jan 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much for this very concise and effective answer! I had the same issue, and this solution solved it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post screenshot with entire window visible including and Layers panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines