• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to remove checkered background from an eps file?

New Here ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New to photoshop. Bought these effects from shutterstock.com for my projects. However I now feel scammed because I cant figure out why the transparent background doesnt move over when I open the image in Photoshop. It only gave me an .eps option. Someone please help me

Set Blue Sparks Smoke Fire Blue Stock Vector (Royalty Free) 1548400790 | Shutterstock

2022-05-03.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to the filename it is »Vector« so you need to edit it in Illustrator. (edit: or a comparable vector oriented application, Illustrator is not the only such application …) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@default8t5wqljhof8t 

To add to what @c.pfaffenbichler said, when you open the .eps in a vector application (such as Illustrator), you can toggle open the layer it is on and hide or delete the checkerboard object, which is probably a group of squares. Then you can bring it into Photoshop if that's where you want to work on it.

The checkerboard is the standard "clue" that there is transparency in the .eps/.ai vector file.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, take a look at the "Related Conversations" links on the side of this page to see if other posts answer your question, or do a wider search of the forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks everyone for the advice. I never knew these were supposed to be opened in another application. not sure why photoshop cant handle these type of documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator have always been separate programs for artwork, Photoshop for raster, and Illustrator for vector. There has been increasing crossover over time, but they are still specialized, with support for their style of work (raster/vector) and file types.

I've always thought Adobe would merge them into a super graphics app — I've been expecting it  about twenty years now. For the present, they remain distinct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Semaphoric wrote:

I've always thought Adobe would merge them into a super graphics app — I've been expecting it  about twenty years now.

Something like "Adobe InDillushop/XD", replacing Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign?

https://creativepro.com/adobe-launches-all-in-one-creative-app-indillushop-xd-replacing-photoshop-il...

😊

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines