• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is Adobe Gamma not installed with CS3?

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2007 Apr 17, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not in the control panel on a clean CS3 install. Has Adobe stopped including Adobe Gamma in the CS3 installations?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2007 Apr 24, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>That's really strange - I did a fresh install of Vista (formatted too) and only installed CS3. the file was there.
CS2 uninstall must have removed it.
--
Charlie...
http://www.chocphoto.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 24, 2007 Apr 24, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand mat and gus. but it IS better than nothing. and as a non-pro user, i don't feel the need to get closer than i've been to "true calibration" than i've been since version 5.0 using adobe gamma. My prints match my screen and are what i expect them to be and that's enough for me.

I'll keep cs2 installed anyway for a while, and if it comes to it, use the 3rd party free calibration sw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 25, 2007 Apr 25, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave,

The thing is that with the current prices in the lower range you don't have to be 'a pro' (yikes!) to get a calibrator. And the thing is that they are much easier to use than Adobe Gamma.

I don't know how things are in Quahog, but under this rock an EyeOne Display-2 is quite easy and relatively cheap. And the Pantone Huey is even cheaper and easier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2007 Apr 27, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, guys,
seems that the forum is moderated, and the message thread is broken. So, how I suppose to operate with Adobe gamma in CS3 under Vista, if it does not appear in the control panel and autostart?

Any manual way to make it working or just step down to CS2

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2007 Apr 27, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Gamma does NOT repeat NOT come bundled with CS3. Somewhere in Podcast No 29 they mention this - but the podcast is an hour in length so I'm not going to listen to it again to find out exactly where in the Adobe Team conversation it is mentioned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2007 May 06, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!!.. I've the solution.
you can setup Adobe Gamma by extract file "Adobe Gamma.cpl" from file "data1.cab" of Adobe Common File Installer of Adobe Photoshop CS2 CD to the "system32" folder. Then the Adobe Gamma Wizard Control Pannel will be in the Control Pannel of all Windows (Windows Vista too).

But the easy way is.. download an installation file that i made.

from >> http://download.yousendit.com/2A6DF406436CABC6

if the file was dead.. tell me >> k_siriwatk@hotmail.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2007 Jul 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit Edition with Photoshop CS3 and went to the control planel/display an there is no Adobe Gamma there as was with Windows XP. I tried looking in c:/program files/common files/control panels and didn't find the *adobe gamma.cpl mentioned in a message posted by Aaron. Where is the Adobe Gamma that came with Windows XP? Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Sandy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sandy

If you read the previous posts you will see that Adobe Gamma does not come with CS3 and was never a part of Windows.

If you want it, the solution is in Post #30.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John:

CS2 is not installed on my computer now just CS3. How would I go about doing it now. I still have the old hard drive with CS2 installed on it.
Sandy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read Post #30 again, there are two answers there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 13, 2007 Jul 13, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link in post 30 has expired.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 13, 2007 Jul 13, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He should have been quicker!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2007 Jul 14, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the new one link and it will appear in only 7 days http://download.yousendit.com/545D258B60B44544

And many many people try to ask me about
-why you don't put the adobe gamma loader in the startup
-is the adobe gamma has effected, should i need to add it on windows startup?

The adobe gamma is the tool which can edit the default ICC profile file of your monitor driver. So when you opened the adobe gamma, edited and save change to the icc profile file when done. That you already edited the default ICC profile file for your monitor. So when your windows opened up, your new profile was loaded by windows too.

That why i didn't put adobe gamma loader in the windows startup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2007 Jul 22, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cans someone post a working link of this installer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2007 Jul 22, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> CS2 is not installed on my computer now just CS3. How would I go about doing it now. I still have the old hard drive with CS2 installed on it.

Just reinstall CS2. It will go into it's own directory and shouldn't affect CS3. During the proces, Adobe Gamma will be installed.

Be aware that Adobe Gamma was intended for use with CRTs and cannot accurately calibrate budget LCD monitors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2007 Aug 14, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a bit late to be replying, but I've been trying 3rd party color calibration tools and have finally resorted to Adobe Gamma. Since I couldn't find it in CS3, I "googled" and found the answer here. I had the CS2 version and loaded it from there. It works much better then the $600-700 I have spent on 3rd party calibration tools including Monacolor EZ Color and the Spyder2Pro. Experts may agree that Adobe Gamma is junk, but for me, it is a vast improvement over the "junk" I bought. Particularly annoying was the Spyder2Pro. The box proclaimed that it could produce dual monitor profiles (whoops, did we forget to tell you that this only applies to a very few very expensive PCI Express video cards?). Oh and we also didn't mention that your monitor should be no more than a few months old and the same thing goes for your video card and drivers. Well, you should have known that. I got hideous color profiles with the Spyder2Pro, but once I installed Adobe Gamma from CS2, in a matter of 5 minutes, I had perfect color. What a waste of money!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2007 Sep 11, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new link is here for 7 days again.
http://download.yousendit.com/3A8197D71A3EFB5B

If someone can help me to host my file to be a little bit permanent link, please tell me. Otherwise I have to repose it again and again with some gap of time like this.

Good Luck, Adobe People

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2007 Sep 21, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

The new link is here: http://download.yousendit.com/207CF3AA19BE6A20
again, only for 7 days.

The permanent link will be here as soon as possible, someone will help us soon. Just waiting.

Good Luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh!!

The permanent link is here:
b http://navamusiccenter.com/extra/gamma.rar

b Hosted by Farbod T.

Thank him: iceman2032@gmail.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bump

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2007 Dec 15, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download links for Adobe Gamma.cpl
http://files-upload.com/files/680848/Adobe_Gamma.zip
http://rapidshare.com/files/76864693/Adobe_Gamma.zip.html
http://uploadfile.org/download.php?id=erEDbBeoQzorBWxzq3Wq
http://www.uploading.com/files/7HFMERVE/Adobe_Gamma.zip.html
http://www.2shared.com/file/2609289/a5a7645b/Adobe_Gamma.html
http://www.mediafire.com/?9lv1zh2s23w
http://www.speedyshare.com/130353259.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2008 Jan 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same sh*t with Windows XP and Photoshop CS2. Befor was OK.
Re-install 2 times, does not helped. Repair - same 'ol sh*t.

Solution is in post #30 :D

1. Go to Photoshop installation folder:
2. Find(use windows search) and unpack Data1.cab
3. There will be file Adobe_Gamma.cpl ≈ 260KB
4. Copy file to %SystemRoot%\system32\
5. Refresh(ReOpen) Control Panel.
6. Make stupid face and say "F*ckin magic!" :P

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2008 Feb 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

QuickGamma

Just to let you guys know. I was having horrible color issues using two Samsung 204B monitors and a third Planar 2010M. The Samsungs were always way off in color. I used the QuickGamma tool and all of my colors are perfect now.

Just thought I would add in my 2 cents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2008 Mar 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still in the dark,, I have xp and ps cs3, and I have tried all you have suggested, I cannot find "data1.cab" to try to find gamma, it's really puzzled me... I have done searches upon searches of my hard drive, and there's "data1" but none are related to photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2008 Mar 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no Adobe Gamma with CS3.

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines