• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is Adobe Gamma not installed with CS3?

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2007 Apr 17, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not in the control panel on a clean CS3 install. Has Adobe stopped including Adobe Gamma in the CS3 installations?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Mar 02, 2008 Mar 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sue

That data1.cab is on the installation CD for the previous version of Photoshop (CS2). If you still had CS2 installed, Adobe Gamma would still be on you system. If you don't have it either way, go to one of the links* in Post #45 and download the .cpl file. Double clicking it should install the Adobe Gamma applet in your control panel.

*I don't know them so I can't guarantee them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>STYLiX: The adobe gamma is the tool which can edit the default ICC profile file of your monitor driver. So when you opened the adobe gamma, edited and save change to the icc profile file when done. That you already edited the default ICC profile file for your monitor. So when your windows opened up, your new profile was loaded by windows too.

Not true partially. MS Windows is
b not
color managed itself. (Details: http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device/display/color/wincolormgmt.mspx
i Windows Color Management: Background and Resources

For example, you may find there: "Visual display calibration - Microsoft Windows - Third-party support". I.e., again, by not Windows itself.
Therefore you surely need any thirdparty's "Monitor ICC profile
b loader
" being run on Windows startup (like Adobe Gamma Loader). 'Apple' may have that as built-in feature.

P.S. As it was mentioned above, these things may be found useful by anybody (who doesn't like hardware calibration :)):
http://quickgamma.de/QuickMonitorProfile/infoen.html
i QuickMonitorProfile
and associated
b QuickGamma
in the same place.

P.S.S. As for me, I use hardware calibrator MonacoOPTIX (and, correspondingly, it's 'MonacoGamma' on startup).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks John! I'll go check it out! I had the link, but didn't want to download it till I knew more about it,,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2008 Mar 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i've got the ancient gamma, thanks to tomoza!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2008 May 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem. I can open Adobe Gamma from the Control Panel but cannot get it to run at startup, even though I put a shortcut to the Adobe Gamma Loader in my Programs/Startup folder.
Any ideas on how to load Adobe Gamma at startup?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 11, 2008 May 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Double post

http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.59b53769/0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2008 Jun 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the gamma control panel and got it installed, but somewhere along the line the gamma loader.exe got deleted from my Start Menu/Startup folder...

I've tried re-installing the gamma control panel app and gone through the calibration routine again, but I can't seem to restore the loader...

Any advice on how to get it back?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 11, 2008 Jun 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Put a shortcut to the gamma loader in the startup folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2008 Jun 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's just it..."adobe gamma loader.exe" doesn't appear *anywhere* on my system. How do I get the *loader* back?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 12, 2008 Jun 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's not shipped with cs3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scott apparently didn't read much of this thread!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys, c'mon... I've read the ENTIRE thread! I downloaded Gamma from the link in this thread...installed it, set it, and it worked for awhile.

I agree with those who have commented, essentially, "..it's better than nothing".

Now, for some reason, the "Adobe Gamma Loader.exe" has gotten deleted from my Startup folder, so the gamma settings no longer load. The gamma control panel entry is still there.

It's the *loader* that has disappeared.

My question is, how do I restore the *loader* into the Startup folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try to run the Adobe Gamma applet from the control panel and saving the result?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. That's the only way (now) to have the gamma changed. But when I reboot, the gamma adjustment is not applied (because the loader is missing.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said, locate the .exe. file and make a shortcut to it in the startup folder. It is that simple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THE .EXE FILE IS NOWHERE TO BE FOUND--A N Y W H E R E--ON MY SYSTEM!

That's what I'm asking: How do I 'restore' the *completely MISSING* Adobe Gamma Loader.exe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scott: calm down dude. you said that you had downloaded and installed the gamma utility from the link, so the gamma loader is somewhere on your system if it was installed correctly. Locate the installation directory where it is installed, right-click the gamma loader exe file and create a shortcut and then move the shortcut to the startup folder. The startup folder is not the installation directory.

explain what you said in post 56, did you install it or not? If you did install it then do what I said. If not, there is another post with several links to download the utility again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>you said that you had downloaded and installed the gamma utility from the link, so the gamma loader is somewhere on your system if it was installed correctly.

unless he deleted it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> unless he deleted it

E-X-A-C-T-L-Y!

It (the *loader*, not the utility) inadvertently got deleted--and reinstalling the gamma utility did NOT regenerate the loader.

So, put another way: "If the loader gets deleted from the Startup folder, how do I recreate the loader? Re-running/re-installing the gamma utility does not seem to recreate it (at least not on my system)."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 13, 2008 Jun 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>"If the loader gets deleted from the Startup folder, how do I recreate the loader?

redownload and install it. next time put a shortcut to the loader in the startup folder, not the loader itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do a search of your HD for it? Damn are you slow?

My answer still stands.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The correct location for Adobe Gamma Loader.exe is C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\

If it's not there and it doesn't appear when you run Adobe Gamma and save, why not try one of the 3rd party software solutions listed in this thread?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[buzzer] I'm sorry. All of these answers are incorrect. The correct answer is:

Use P2P to download a copy of "Adobe Gamma Loader.exe". Drop it into your Startup folder (and save a copy somewhere else). Your saved gamma setting will load properly on the next boot.

We have the lovely Home Edition of "How to Restore the Gamma Loader" as a consolation prize.

Thank you for playing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>All of these answers are incorrect

nobody reads post 69! :P

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 14, 2008 Jun 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.... or 57, 64, 66. Damn, don't know what to say about Scott, but yikes! Shakes head in disbelief. As if using it for over a decade I don't know how it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines