Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with Brushes - Color Dynamics

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I can't for some reason get Color Dynamics under the brushes menu to actually maintain my color selections. For example: I've got dark green for my foreground color and a Yellow as my bakground color, the colors come out fine when Color Dynamics is not selected but If I select Color Dynamics, when I use the brush, they come out in greyscaleish colors, pale browns, greys, blacks and whites instead of my selected colors of green and yellow.  And I cannot figure out for the life of me why this is happening! So any help is greatly appreciated.

My document is set to RGB color, so it's not that. It's doing it with all my brushes - not just the ones I'm trying to use. And I've done this before so I'm not sure why it's not working now. I'm running CS6 on Windows 10 - 64-bit. I've attached a screenshot of my Color Dynamics settings below - let me know if you need any other screenies!

Thanks

B

ps issue.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

I can confirm that is your purity settings making your brush greyscale,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is Purity at -100%?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that is your purity settings making your brush greyscale,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhh! okay thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2020 Jan 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

YA! Didnt notice that Purity goes from -100% to +100% I thought i turned it off but was actually -100%

There should be some little warning of something.

Thanks...Fixed now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines