• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Layer doesn't move or snaps back using move tool

Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to move a layer in my psd file with the move tool it moves a bit but then snaps back to the original place or close to it. The layer will move using the arrow keys just fine, just not with the move tool.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Version is 19.1.4. Seems to be the most current version.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

An update on our issue, Forcepoint was recently updated to 8.5.2854 and the issue has been fixed. This also includes an issue regarding copying/pasting layer groups which would crash Photoshop previous to this Forcepoint update. Hope this helps!

-Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version are you using , check in Help>System Info... Which OS and Version?

Do you use a graphic tablet? which one? which driver version? are you using Wintab or Windows ink if on a PC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on a brand new Macbook pro 16 running Catalina 10.15.4

I am using an Apple Magic Mouse.

I have tried suggested fixes like resetting tools and turning off the graphic processor option. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing exactly the same in both macbook pro and mac pro. I followed all the post here, reset all the tools, working with our IT team to install and uninstall the photoshop and the OS for many many times, it's still happen again, believe many people is facing the same issue and Adobe is not going to fix it. Just use the "command T" and you can move the graphic. I have been using photoshop for over 20 years and this problem start happend to me 5 years ago in both macbook pro and mac pro.

Adobe Photoshop Version: 20.0.8 20191122.r.92

OS 10.15.4

Normal mouse, wireless or wire mouse or the macbook original touch pad is facing the same issue, left click on the image and hold, then only move 1mm or 1 pixel for over 2 second, it will snap back to the original spot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I guess this thread will just continue ad infinitum with the same round robin of Me too, did you try resettig your tools, did you try shutting off this or that with no real solutions to the issue.  It is apparent that MANY people are expeiencing this issue and it is one that renders Photoshop almost unusable. Look, I undertand bugs happen. What I don't understand is when one is found and seemingly noone is doing anything about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it fixed for me on the recent update for photoshop, maybe they fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same issues as well. My specs are:

Photoshop 21.1.3

macOS Catalina 10.15.4

MacBook Pro 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me. Mac os high sierra 10.13.6, Photoshop CC 21.1.3, Wacom intuos pro latest drivers.

on two differents macbooks. It happens some times but I can't clearly understand when and why.

The CTRL+T then drag and hold off works for me and fix the problem for a moment.

I can't understand why Adobe let this bug on one of the most basic photoshop feature.

the move tool... existing since... 25 years? 30 years?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still happening on 21.2.2 on MacOS 10.15.6  😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still experiencing this issue too after several weeks. Mac OS 10.15.6, using a Logitech wireless mouse. Very frustrating, it's been doing this for the last 2-3 Creative Cloud Updates to Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I'm not running Forcepoint, so I find it frustrating that that's given as the final answer to this issue. Update: it looks like they have a newer page that lists these various issues--one of them might be causing my problem: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/cant-drag-layers.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: the only thing that applies to my system is that I'm using an old Wacom tablet, but updating the driver did not fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also experiencing this issue and it is very frustrating as well.

I started experiencing after updating my monitor.  Photoshop itself didn't change and was good before the monitor, but experiences this issue after the new monitor.  Monitor is LG and 4k with some resolution re-adjusting for Photoshop, otherwise the text is impossible to read.  I have a feeling the move tool is off because of the resolution adjustments Photoshop is doing for 4k.

Anyone have a nice work around?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too. Just started having this issue in the last few days and haven't changed any software (at least that I'm aware of).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where the hell is Adobe support in all of this? I am having the same problem. Typical Adobe software support (lack of)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, BCDesigner.

I think that there is a need to provide all info possible to nail down the issue, the common point between affected users.

Could you check the Wacom driver you have?

also, please post the contents of help>system info, so that we get to know your OS, its version, the exact version of Photoshop you are running, the date of the GPU driver, etc.

Please check if it happens all the time (when panels are shown/hidden , hit TAB and/or F to change the screen modes.

Do you have overscroll on in the preferences?

Are the rulers showing?

Do you have snap on in the view menu?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, my apologies for the clear frustration, but Adobe needs to work on their support in every aspect. Their support is simply inadequate considering the cost of service. I have attempted to contact them numerous times on this with no response. Further, this thread has been going on for years with little to no action from Adobe so it clearly isn't a new phenomenon. The issue with my Adobe comes and goes...I restart my computer, reinstall the software and viola, the problem is solved...until it randomly appears again. And before you blame the user, computer or device being used, perhaps Adboce should look into it properly and find the cause, because I have not seen it in this ADOBE SUPPORT thread.

And to answer your questions with one answer: I have NOT done anything different than I always do...our software is continually up to date...we don't use Wacom tablets etc...we will work for months and then it will suddenly appear. It happens randomly on random desk/laptops throughout the studio...and then frustrates the hell out the user, then disappears after reinstall. So, don't you think with all the money they charge, Adobe could find a simple answer to this seemingly simple but incredibly frustrating problem?????????????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Further, you wrote: "I think that there is a need to provide all info possible to nail down the issue, the common point between affected users."

This thread started in May 2018, over 3 years ago...seriously Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm not Adobe, I help in the forums... These are mostly user to user forums, I do not think that one can check each and every thread when there are 70K...

I am not trying to blame the user/Machine, but the issue is not very common, not too many users affected, so I'm trying to find a common denominator...

There has been some fixes in the past, but it seems that there are some remaining problems.

Are you using multiple monitors? Do you have third party software that might reset things, I don't know what causes it in your machine, not in thousands of others...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue, new install on brand new PC. When I move a layer or text mainly its like a rubber band. It moves and when I let go of the mouse button it snaps right back to its original position. It's really annoying.

It's not always, just sometimes. It's very unpredictable. 

Since it is a brand new install, resetting obviously did not solve anything.

Windows 10.  

Adobe Photoshop Version: 22.5.1 20210907.r.441 de74e1a x64

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, @Red Point 

I think that there is a need to provide all info possible to nail down the issue, the common point between affected users.

Could you check the Graphic tablet driver you have? (please state it you use one)

I see that you mention a mouse, what is its sampling rate, is it a gaming one?

Also, please attach in a .TXT file the contents of help>system info, so that we get to know your OS, its version, the exact version of Photoshop you are running, the date of the GPU driver, etc.

Please check if it happens all the time (when panels are shown/hidden , hit TAB and/or F to change the screen modes.

Do you have overscroll on in the preferences?

Are the rulers/grid showing?

Do you have snap on in the view menu?

Did you try running photoshop alone, without any other program running (check the ones that load automatically at startup)

Did you try to check "Deactivate Native Canvas" in the menu Edit/Preferences/Technology preview (Pc) or Photoshop/Preferences/Technology preview (Mac) .
This is not a fix, but rather a way to check if the issue appears only with the new technology, and should be reported to the Ps team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi PECourtejoie, thank you for the many suggestions. I am currently on multiple deadlines, but will revisited the issue when I have some free time and report back. Maybe I can nail it down to one of the issues above. It's a great start anyway. Thanks for taking the time. Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug is still happening..!!

Attached Photoshop system info

macOS Catalina 10.15.7

Please help to fix it, it's impossible to work that way

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is still not fixed as of 28-Sep-2022.   I'm using Photoshop Elements 19.0 on Mac OS 12.5.1.  I logged into account.adobe.com and still only see v19.0 available for download.  There is no 19.1 which another poster claims fixes this issue as an accepted answer.  The app is pretty much useless if every move operation requires 30 seconds to creep the image across the screen.  Disappointed to see no deep dive from Adobe after so many bug reports over such a long period of time.  I tried all the mitigations listed (reset tool preferences, start a new doc, etc) but there is no specific instance of someone from Adobe trying to reproduce it and suggest a fix that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, this is the Photoshop forum, not the Photoshop elements one. Please open a discussion there for your issue...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines