• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

layer mask

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope I can make this clear.  I am trying to even out the "brush strokes" on a layer mask.  I've added an adjustment layer and then to control where it effects the image I added a mask.  I then want to further refine the adjustment so I'm painting in certain areas of the mask.  The problem is if I work an area and then a different area, but then go back to the first area and overlap, where the overlap of the brush stroke is I get different opacities and it shows up in the image as a weird line.  I remember seeing something one time that said if you hold a certain key and then brush it will apply the same level of opacity.  I didn't need that then and of course, now that I need it I can't find it.  I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried blurring your layer mask to smooth out your brush stroking the mask and feather the mask?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

First, what version of Photoshop are you using? Can you show us a screenshot of your document? It would be helpful for us to be more effective at answering your quesiton.

Now, to the issue of Opacity--can you also show us a screen shot of your brushes panel, and Options bar with the brush that you are using selected so we can see what options you have selected?

I have a suggestion for the opacity difference you are seeing when you paint--Instead of choosing a lower opacity of black which will give you the overlaying effect of the strokes, use a spcific color of gray to paint. Choose a gray color in the Foreground color dialog box and use that color to paint. 

Screen Shot 2021-09-28 at 7.00.09 PM.png

As you can see from the image above, I have chosen an RGB value of 128, 128, 128 which is basically 50% gray. If you paint with that at 100% Opacity and 00% flow, your overlapping strokes will not build on each other. See below.

Screen Shot 2021-09-28 at 7.01.44 PM.png

If I am not understanding your issue, please let me know--we are here to help! And, when you can please send us the screenshots noted above.

Thanks!

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You probably have problem with Opacity for brush or blending mode. Ensure that you are painting with pure black color. Can you post screenshot with entire window and Brush tool active so we can see settings for the Brush in the Options bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines