• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Left click lock

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the last few days I have had this annoying issue where the left mouse button sticks on. Say if I am doing a free transform or panning around the screen (space bar + left click). I'll release the left mouse button but when I move the mouse the action keeps happening as though the left button is still pressed down. I then need to click the left mouse button again to release it. I am running the latest version of PS on Windows 10. I have checked the windows mouse settings and click lock is not enabled. I have also tried a new mouse just to make sure and the problem still remains. Could anyone shed any light? Thanks.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 16, 2023 Apr 16, 2023

Hi Cory,
Solution 1 worked for me. More specifically:
- Made a backup of "Adobe Photoshop 2023 Settings" folder
- Cleared preferences on launch (on Windows so ctrl + alt + shift, yes to prompt)
- Closed Photoshop, deleted the newly created settings folder and replaced with my backup
No longer seeing the left click sticking issue, even after a couple hours of regular workload. For reference, when I updated to version 24.3 I encountered this issue in less than 10 minutes.
Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 126 Replies 126
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2023 Jun 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not fixed in 24.6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 23, 2023 Jun 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No falla como antes , pero yo creo que "fino" no está......  

Noto "pequeños fallos" con la barra espaciadora(mano). Y al cambiar el tamaño de la herramienta.......

A alguien mas le pasa???.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2023 Jul 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me regrese a la 24.1.1, que fastidio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2023 Jun 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, can you give a timeline on when this will be fixed? The "Correct Answer" does not solve this problem for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2023 Jul 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have worked out how to replicate it. If you move the mouse when you unclick, it sticks. If you stop moving the mouse and then unclick, it doesnt stick. Thi is as annoying as heck for power users who have fast workflow, who likely click drag release fast, so likely why only more advanced users are complaining about it. My 2 cents. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2023 Dec 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, can you give a timeline on when this will be fixed? The "Correct Answer" does not solve this problem for me.

By @jobv14770545

I also see same problem if you will over come this you can also tell me about that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2023 Jul 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank the Photoshop Devs who have made PS so tablet oriented that thaey have forgotten about professioanls who use desktops to produce WORK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2023 Jul 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently re-activated my adobe and indeed already ran into this proble,, tried to fix it myself without luck.
I experence this when dragging with the hand tool, putting anchorpoints with the pen tool and probarly with all other "hold LMB" functions I haven't tried yet.

Glad to see it's out of my reach to fix it, sad to see it's already an active problem for 2 months. if this precist I might go for a refund because it takes all fun out of the programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2023 Jul 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here, have been experiencing this issue for some time now. The only thing to stop it from happening is to work slower and more deliberate. Quick mouse movements while clicking seem to cause this issue, at least that's when it happens on my end the most (Seems like the devs are not using their own software like most power users do). Definitely a software bug and only the cherry on top of all the issues introduced with each update. Photoshop was never slower and laggier on my end as it is now. Losing some mouse-up events in the process almost seems logical. I have lost all hope that adobe will ge the photoshop performance back on a level where it was during early CS6 times. It's a mess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2023 Jul 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed 24.7. No fix yet...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2023 Jul 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noo, but I'm super happy to see they found the time to fix this terrible bug:

/s

Meanwhile not even a quick 'we're working on it' response from adobe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2023 Aug 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no solution...this is ridiculous!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2023 Aug 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still NO FIX !! it's crazy that such a stupid bug hasn't been fixed yet.. Adobe do something!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this bug and have tried all of the recommended fixes but nothing has worked. Restarting Photoshop works temporarily but the issue returns. It's incredibly frustrating and a creativity killer. Interrupts workflow to the point that Photoshop is unusable for me. I have no idea why this hasn't been fully investigated yet - it's clearly been an issue for a long time now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In another thread on the same problem an employee of adobe has replied that they're looking into it.

Only took them 5 months to reply, so you can rest assured that they'll fix this probably before the end of next year. 

Please keep paying for the full subscription in the mean time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, it's utterly ridiculous that this one hasn't been investigated sooner. It's a showstopper for many, including me. When you're unable to even navigate the application correctly then what's the point of trying to be creative - and to think we're paying for this.

I don't suppose you have a link to the other thread, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 08, 2023 Sep 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Link: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/p-completely-broken-hand-tool-ps24-5-hand-to...

Can't expect them to respond in all these threads of course, too busy witht the fix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 13, 2023 Sep 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had to run through Chelsea2186290373zb's solution several times now.  I am grateful for it, but I feel like this needs an immediate fix, as this is a pretty big problem.  It is clearly not the settings or replacing them with basically the existing settings wouldnt be the solution.  There is some disparity there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated to 2025 version just now just to test out if the pen tool still gets click locked - and yes it is still there right off the bat. Adobe, as a $257.3B company, you need to be spanked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, so disabling Overscroll fixed it, will see how it goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 15, 2023 Sep 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel like it got much worse than it already was after the latest update. What an annoying bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2023 Sep 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Overscroll fixed it one month ago, but it happens again since yesterday.......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2023 Sep 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2023 Sep 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe the devs don't look at this tread since a solution (which doesn't
work) as been provided? A little message from them to show we've been heard
could be nice ^^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2023 Sep 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here on latest version of Photoshop.. Left click get randomly stuck. All the solutions mentionned in this thread doesn't work. I re-created and re-installed photoshop so many times..
This issue is really related to the newest photoshop version. Would love to get a fix in stability and performance instead of new features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines