• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR colour shift issue PS-LR

Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2023 Jan 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay so before I start, I have searched for this issue in the forums, I found this thread which appears to be the same issue but the fix - resetting the PS preferences - has not fixed the issue for me.

I'm using a Mac Studio with the Studio Display, both LR and PS are up to date.

Relevant LR and PS settings are thus:

Screenshot 2023-01-21 at 11.53.35.png

Screenshot 2023-01-21 at 11.56.32.png

So my RAW files look fine in LR.  Export to PS, edit, save as TIFF.  Now the file in LR looks like it has the wrong colour profile assigned to it (see screenshots) - and if I reopen the same file by re-exporting to PS, it retains this mismatched colour information.

I'd appreciate any insight, thanks.

Screenshot 2023-01-21 at 11.44.48.jpg

Image as saved in PS (TIFF file)

Screenshot 2023-01-21 at 11.44.07.jpg

Image as it appears in LR (and when re-opened in PS via LR)

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 22, 2023 Jan 22, 2023

Thank you for the responses to date.

I think I have discovered the issue.

My Mac Studio has an Apple Silicon chip (M1 Max).  Both LR & PS installed versions are for Apple Silicon.   However I recently had an issue whereby 'Extensions' was not available in PS.  Internet research revealed that to enable Extensions (Legacy) it was necessary to launch Photoshop using Rosetta (simply a matter of right-click on Adobe Photoshop 2023 in Applications Folder, Get Info, Tick the box, Relaunch).   I had don

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you check the color profile after you reopened the file in Photoshop? If it is not ProPhotoRGB, then this is indeed the same problem. A workaround would be to assign ProPhotoRGB again, but that is obviously just a work around. Maybe you should delete the Photoshop preferences rather than use the key combo to reset them. The location is Users/[user name]/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop [version] Settings

If that does not work, then maybe resetting the Lightroom Classic preferences does.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the second case in one day. The other user was also on Mac, let's see if Windows cases come in.

Yes, the problem is very clearly that the ProPhoto profile is stripped somewhere - just like a very similar bug we had some months ago.

It's beginning to feel like a bona fide new bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you check in Photoshop's  Save As dialogue that 'Color : ICC Profile : Pro Photo'  is checked.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2023 Jan 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the responses to date.

I think I have discovered the issue.

My Mac Studio has an Apple Silicon chip (M1 Max).  Both LR & PS installed versions are for Apple Silicon.   However I recently had an issue whereby 'Extensions' was not available in PS.  Internet research revealed that to enable Extensions (Legacy) it was necessary to launch Photoshop using Rosetta (simply a matter of right-click on Adobe Photoshop 2023 in Applications Folder, Get Info, Tick the box, Relaunch).   I had done this for PS but not for LR (as I was having no issues with LR to this point).

I remembered this recent change and decided to follow the same procedure for LR - launching it with Rosetta.   This appears to have resolved the problem!  The image file above still has a 'bad' profile baked in, but other images processed since I made this change are all fine.  I can save the Tiff file in PS, reopen in LR, and there is no colour shift.

Maybe this should have been an obvious fix to some, but not to me.  I am posting the details hoping they might be of use to other Mac users running systens with Silicon chips.  My advice - if using Rosetta for any reason in either LR or PS, make sure that both are being launched with it, so they can 'play nice' with each other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent, thanks for reporting back!

@DdeGannes 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@D Fosse ,

Thanks for the info. I did not have any problems on my iMac which shows in my signature info.

The other thread I created relates to my Windows laptop and I have indicated, there in an earlier post, that my issues have been resolved.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; ( also laptop Win 11, ver 23H2; LrC 13.4,;) 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5,; Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, OK, then I misunderstood. My bad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines