• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

M: Catalina - Save as/Save as copy not changing file name or extension

Participant ,
Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happened today, yesterday it was working fine.  I have all the latest CC updates.

With my Photoshop file open, I go to FILE, SAVE AS, tick AS A COPY, choose format .jpg

Filename remains .psd therefore it has to be changed manually.

Yesterday I updated to Catalina. Could there be a correlation?

Does anyone have a fix please? T.I.A. 🙂

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Deleted User

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 144 Replies 144
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sure hope this bug is fixed asap. It is causing massive trouble to thousands of people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2019 Oct 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, please, I need help. When I try to save a file, I don't change the extension I indicate ... and it always saves me in png. And when I try to open that file (png) it tells me that it is not valid for photoshop. I tried to change the file management section in preferences ... but it does absolutely nothing ... I don't know what the problem is ... if someone gave me a clue where the problem might be. root of updating the photoshop CC2019Captura de pantalla 2019-10-13 a las 10.21.35.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you update to Mac Catalina. There are a lot of problems with it. See this link: 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/Photoshop/A-letter-to-our-Photoshop-Community/td-p/10662297

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

si ya estoy viendo!!! espero que nos den una solución!Muchas gracias!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop isn't changing .psd to .jpg when doing a save as jpg from a PSD format

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that's the worst thing you're seeing you've been lucky. Why upgrade so soon?? https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-and-macos-catalina.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. It'll only let you save if you do it two times. In my line of work is a huge hassel having to do that every time I have to save changing the extention. I hope this issue is fixed soon. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its the same for me. How can believe we still have these issues yet.... sad!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 12, 2019 Oct 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most of us cannot believe that people are updating to Catalina without checking all their vital apps carefully. From my perspective I completely blame the people who upgrade without checking, not Apple, not Adobe. Why do people do this really reckless thing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple released Catalina 2 days ago. 

Instead of rushing off a cliff like lemmings, would it have hurt to wait a month for the dust to settle?    I never upgrade to a new OS with looming project deadlines unless I'm certain it will not interfere with my workflow.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sage advice Nancy, and it applies to Windows just as much as MacOS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I now see why I haven’t participated in these conversations before now. I was wanting to share the problem with others and didn’t figure on being shamed right off the bat. I guess being someone who test out the new and sharing the problems with both Adobe and Apple makes me a lemming running off a cliff. I should just sit back and not share information to help make a product better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@engbrady,

Known compatibility issues in Photoshop 20.0.6 & higher on Catalina.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-and-macos-catalina.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why cant i save PSD files in catalina????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2019 Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problema delle estensioni psd-jpg e altro, non ancora risolto in Photoshop, bisogna ancora farlo manualmente.

Questo problema nasce a quanto pare per molti utenti apple dopo aver avviato l'aggiornamento al nuovo S.O. macos Catalina.

Cosa bisogna aspettare, un miracolo? 

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 14, 2019 Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We apologize for the issue you are facing with the file extensions in Photoshop while working on macOS Catalina.

There are a few known issues with Photoshop while it is running on macOS Catalina and we are currently working on them. You can check the other known issues with Photoshop at the link below.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, there is an additional update to Catalina (not yet a dot version) 

Please check software update, and report if it fixed your issue... (It is not listed, but one never knows)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no mention of file names, so it is maybe for a later update : https://www.macrumors.com/2019/10/15/catalina-supplemental-update/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I don't recall when, but starting recently, whenever I save files, the extension wouldn't be changing according to what file format I choose to save with. (See the attached photos)

Ex: when you save, if you choose png, the file extension changed to ".png" automatically (for all others too) before, but it doesn't do that anymore.

My photoshop is up to date, as well as my creative cloud. It's a small thing, but it becomes kinda big of a hassle to change the extension every single time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you have changed to the Catalina OS. It is a known issue:

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded my Mac to Catalina today. Whilst working on an image I attempted to save the image. In this case I went to image-save as and the image appeared as defalt type of PSD, as it often does. However when I tried to change to jpg, as I usually do and chose jpg from the drop down list, it would not change psd to jpg, as it always used to. In fact it didn't matter what i picked, the image extension remains psd. I have to phosically type in the extension letters. 

Is this a bit of a bug with Catalina OS? 

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

The issue with the file extensions you have mentioned is a known issue with Photoshop on macOS Catalina and our product team is currently working on it.

For more details on the issue and other known issues with Photoshop on macOS Catalina, please visit the below mentioned link.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just recently updated my Mac OS. Photoshop is up to date.  For some reason, when I go to save files now, Photoshop nolonger automatically adds file extensions to my files.  I have to manually add (.jpg, .png, .psd, etc.) 

Anyone experiencing the same?  Is there a way to fix?  Do I need to uninstall Photoshop and reinstall? 

Thanks

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines