• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing layers when saving PDF

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having trouble when saving my PSD to a PDF. Some of the text layers seem to be missing content even though it is all correct when looking at the PSD.

I have tried updating Photoshop as well as looked through many forums without any luck. Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

sheenam251699  wrote

Windows 10 • Photoshop cc 2017 • Steps: Save as PDF. ( not sure of another way to save PDF)

You mean Save as > Photoshop PDF, right?

Also, please explain more about

1. the missing text layers.

Are the entire layers missing? Are they visible in the Layers panel? Is part of the text layer missing? What font are you using? Can you post screen shots from Photoshop and from the PDF?

and

2. your PDF settings

What setting do you have in the first screen (above)

and in the screen that follow

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We will need a little more information to help:

• What operating system?
  • What version of Photoshop?
  • What version of Acrobat or Reader?
  • What steps, exactly, are you taking to convert your layered PSD to a PDF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10

Photoshop cc 2017

Steps: Save as PDF. ( not sure of another way to save PDF)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sheenam251699  wrote

Windows 10 • Photoshop cc 2017 • Steps: Save as PDF. ( not sure of another way to save PDF)

You mean Save as > Photoshop PDF, right?

Also, please explain more about

1. the missing text layers.

Are the entire layers missing? Are they visible in the Layers panel? Is part of the text layer missing? What font are you using? Can you post screen shots from Photoshop and from the PDF?

and

2. your PDF settings

What setting do you have in the first screen (above)

and in the screen that follows, what are you using for the Adobe PDF Preset, and are you using it straight or is it modified?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A screen shot of the psd and pdf would also be useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Put all your layers in a group and make sure all the layers you want in the pdf are visible. Now duplicate that group. Then take all the layers in that duplicated group and Merge only the duplicate layers and then try to export it as a PDF.

Do not merge with original layers, so you can still make changes if needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply. I tried this with no success. Any other ideas as to how I might fix this ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What font(s) are giving trouble?  Elaborate script fonts like Bickham Script Pro can do this — especially if you enable all the ligature options in the Character panel.  The fix is to add a space or two at the beginning and end of the text line.

Incidentally, the first time I encountered this, I reached out to Nigel French who does the Photoshop Design titles on Lynda.com. This was his answer (Note: I hadn't asked him about colour. Just the cut off letters after saving to PDF.

Hi Trevor,

Getting a good PDF can sometimes be a dark art. Problems like these usually have something to do with blending modes and color modes. If the document is intended for print, I'd suggest using the Press Quality (or X1a 2001) preset rather than the somewhat erroneously named High Quality Print. These convert colours to your destination CMYK profile, whereas High Quality print makes no change to the colours.

Cheers,

Nigel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply. I tried this with no success. The text layers are still missing and the colour quality becomes poor.

Any other ideas how I might fix this ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problem, I treid printing it to PDF instead of saving it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines