• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Modifying and Saving brush presets

Contributor ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Photoshop 2020 Windows 10 I am trying to put together a personalized fur and hair brush group, so I do not have to keep searching through numerous sets to find the ones I want. I am taking brushes from sets I already have, and dragging them into my new group, and renaming them to a more descriptive name.

Sometimes, I am making modifications like spacing, pen pressure settings, etc. to the brushes in my new group. However, these settings are not being saved like they would be if I created the brush from scratch. Is there a way to save the old brush with its new settings, under a new name, in the new group? Am I missing something? I exported the group of brushes when I was done, and reopened them, but the settings had all changed back.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

So, I found a tutorial. I was going about it all wrong.I took the brush preset I wanted to use, made any modification, and I then clicked on the folder for my new brush group. Then I had to click on the "new brush" icon at the bottom of the panel, and I was able to save my brush in that folder, along with all settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello vickim68445047, So many ways to create fur for various purposes. Just as an experiment, I draw a half-page of hair, fur, etc.  then select a rectangle and go to Edit select "define pattern" for bucket fill. I fill spaces selected from one of these patterns, add my own sketching and lighting and save four or five patterns.

Under edit, you will find define the pattern. I will also use many brush and stamp tools for variety. Let me know how you like this method. Best regards, JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but in this case I was wondering how to save a brush preset that I have modified.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So, I found a tutorial. I was going about it all wrong.I took the brush preset I wanted to use, made any modification, and I then clicked on the folder for my new brush group. Then I had to click on the "new brush" icon at the bottom of the panel, and I was able to save my brush in that folder, along with all settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines