• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My Photoshop has a weird yellow tint over everything

Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason every time I open photoshop there is a weird yellow/tan filter over everything, not just the image, but it doesn't actually apply to the image when I export.

Attached is a screenshot of what a blank white image appears as in photoshop and the same image as a png.

As you can see it appears tan for some reason, is there a reason for this? Is there a solution for this?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2023 Aug 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had this issue myself, and if you turn off HDR, it's going to go back to normal. You can also just install Photoshop Beta since it does not care about HDR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2023 Sep 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have HDR in Photoshop CS5. Any other possible solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2023 Dec 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I got a new Dell Ultrawide recently and only Photoshop has an issue with it. Color Profiles don't do anything. Turning HDR off and then on again in control panel fixes it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2023 Dec 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of yesterday (after a forced reboot and Windows upgrade?), I am having the exact same issue as the original poster's question, which I am not convinced was ever directly answered.  The issue is not with the color cast in the image being edited; the issue is that there is a yellow/tan color cast on the entire application, including the menus, etc -- the entirety of the Photoshop window.  But it is only Photoshop; Lightroom is fine.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2024 Jan 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@defaultm3bpuin8c8xg 

display profile issues on Windows

Here's something to try

It'll only take a few minutes and is good troubleshooting.

At least once a week on this forum we read about this, or very similar issues of appearance differing between colour managed applications.

Of course you must not expect accurate colour with programs such as early versions of Windows "Photosā€*, because in those early versions colour management is not implemented, so, such programs are incapable of providing accurate image display.

*Windows "Photosā€ does do colour management now and has for a while, but beware early versions and other apps that are non colour management compliant.

Unfortunately, with Microsoft hardware: Windows updates, Graphics Card updates and Display manufacturers have a frustratingly growing reputation for automatically installing useless (corrupted) monitor display profiles.

I CAN happen with Macs but with far less likelihood, it seems.]

The issue can affect different application programs in different ways, some not at all, some very badly.

The poor monitor display profile issue is hidden by some applications, specifically those that do not use colour management, such as Microsoft Windows "Photos".

Photoshop is correct, itā€™s the industry standard for viewing images, in my experience it's revealing an issue with the Monitor Display profile rather than causing it. Whatever you do, don't ignore it. As the issue isnā€™t caused by Photoshop, please donā€™t change your Photoshop ā€˜color settingsā€™ to try fix it.

To find out if the monitor display profile is the issue, I recommend you to try temporarily setting the monitor profile for your own monitor display under ā€œDeviceā€ in your Windows ā€˜color managementā€™ control panel to ā€œsRGB IEC61966-2.1ā€. (If you have a wide gamut monitor display (check the spec online) itā€™s better to try ā€˜AdobeRGB1998ā€ here instead as it more closely approximates the display characteristics).

Click ā€˜Startā€™, type color in the search box,

then click Color Management.

[or Press the Windows key + R, type colorcpl in the box and press Enter]

In the Devices tab, ensure that your monitor is selected in the Device field.

You can click to ADD to add ā€œsRGB IEC61966-2.1ā€ (or AdobeRGB1998) if not already listed there.

Again - IF you have a wide gamut display I suggest trying ā€œAdobeRGB1998ā€

Once itā€™s selected, be sure to check ā€œUse my settings for this deviceā€ up top.

And click on ā€œset as Default Profile - bottom right

~Windows Display Color Management.jpg

Screenshot of Color Management Control Panel

Quit and relaunch Photoshop after the control panel change, to ensure the new settings are applied.

Depending on the characteristics of your monitor display and your requirements, using sRGB or Adobe RGB here may be good enough - but no display perfectly matches either, so a custom calibration is a superior approach.

If this change to the Monitor Display profile temporarily fixes the appearance issue, it is recommended that you should now calibrate and profile the monitor properly using a calibration sensor like the i1display pro, which will create and install its own custom monitor profile. The software should install its profile correctly so there should be no need to manually set the control panel once you are doing this right.

ā€ƒ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2024 Jan 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, while this MIGHT have something to do with profiles, for many (most) people it seems to relate to HDR, Windows 11 and the latest release of Photoshop. My ENTIRE Photoshop 24 interface goes yellow. Photoshop 2023 doesn't. No other Adobe Suite app does this. No other pro app, period, does this. To me that says Photoshop 2024 is wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2024 Jan 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. HDR off and, after some hardware readjustment, photoshop is back to normal. 

Guess it's time for a mac šŸ˜ž

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2024 Mar 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think...its photoshop taking the nighlight option from windows and applies it
Try disabling it.

I never though of this, cause on export the image color looks proper(using Nvidia texture tools plugin)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2024 Mar 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try what I suggested above in "display profile issues on Windows" and report back

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net - adobe forum volunteer - co-author: 'getting colour right'
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management
Help others by clicking "Correct Answer" if the question is answered.
Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2024 Mar 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. I have tried adding the Adobe RGB (1988) under ICC Profiles (Advanced) - that is where the HDR Calibrated profile is from Windows. This has no impact and Photoshop remains yellow on HDR mode.

James2792849220ik_0-1710617711551.png

James2792849220ik_1-1710617738217.png

As the others have noted, illustrator does not have this issue. See menus are yellow tinged in PS but not in illustrator, so it is clearly a photoshop issue with HDR for some bizarre reason

James2792849220ik_2-1710617820380.png

James2792849220ik_3-1710617842516.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2024 Apr 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this page as I have the same problem after purchasing a 2K monitor. I found switching off the HDR tab in the Windows settings/display done the trick. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2024 May 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Turning off HDR is not the answer. The whole point of HDR is to give you depth of color so turning it off defeats the object of having a more expensive monitor. The problem is clearly with Photoshop settings 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2024 May 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me immediately, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines