• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need an older version of PSD for 32 bit, Windows 10. Prodesign link no longer works. Help♥

Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

So I have had PSD since 2017. I had an issue with my computer, uninstalled everything. Now it works fine but found out the new psd version is not compatiable with my 32 bit, Windows 10 pc. I do not want to buy an entirely new computer and would like to either buy the CD of the former older psd version, or download one. I tried the prodesign link and it would not dowload. I spoke to an Adobe rep and he said the program I probably downloaded from Adobe in 2017 was CS6. I would so appreciate your help. Thank you in advance♥

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2022 Jul 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John, 

I did both. I was already signed into my account. What do I do from there? What version downloaded? PSD CC 2018? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See screenshot. It shows the trail version. But I do have a subscription. 

Tinysprinkles_0-1656786266245.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is my psd plan,

Tinysprinkles_0-1656786352575.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sign out of the CC application. Close it. Restart your PC. Now reopen the CC app and sign in via the CC application, ensuring you use the same account details as you used when accessing your plan information above. Those details must match.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dave. I will  try that and let you know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

When I tried to sign in this is what I got,

Tinysprinkles_0-1656820394109.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will not let me sign in via psd. Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2022 Jul 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't sign in via Photoshop.

Close Photoshop.

Sign out of, then uninstall the CC Desktop application (whatever version(s) you have installed).

Restart your PC

Install the 32 bit version of the CC Desktop application (as linked to by Jeff).

Open the newly installed 32 bit CC Desktop application and in that application sign in to your account.

Only then try and open Photoshop.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dave♥ I will. Do I uninstall the Creative Cloud too or just the psd cc? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy 4th of July Dave!

I did everything you said including signing out of psd. Once it was downloaded, it opened with my being already signed in. I logged out then tried logging back in. It also said "trial version" in the upper right hand corner. When I tried to log in, it took me to an error page about. 

Tinysprinkles_0-1656965687516.pngTinysprinkles_1-1656965718570.png

I was signed in on psd before reinstalling. Now it will not let me sign in. Any suggestions as it is still the trial version. 

Thank you again for your help♥

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to me you keep doing exactly what you were advised not to do. You keep trying to sign in from Photoshop itself. Don't do that. Do it from the CC desktop app, which is a standalone download separate from Photoshop.

I suggest you read davescm's post again carefully, three posts up from this, and follow his instructions exactly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh dear, I thought Dave meant Photoshop CC. That is what the version is called that I have a subscription too. 

Is the CC the creative cloud? If so, I sure feel dumb now. Please let me know. Thank you♥

Tinysprinkles_1-1656972936936.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - for Photoshop CC I wrote 'Photoshop' and for the Creative Cloud desktop application I wrote 'CC Desktop Application'

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave! Thanks for responding on the 4th. I am off from work this evening and hope to get this right! My apologies for misunderstanding. 

You wrote:

Don't sign in via Photoshop.

Close Photoshop.

Sign out of, then uninstall the CC Desktop application (whatever version(s) you have installed).

Restart your PC

Install the 32 bit version of the CC Desktop application (as linked to by Jeff).

Open the newly installed 32 bit CC Desktop application and in that application sign in to your account.

Only then try and open Photoshop.

So I am to uninstall the Creative Cloud, not Photoshop. Then reinstall Creative Cloud. The sign in to Adobe using the Creative Cloud. Correct? 

Thanks everyone for your patience with me♥

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - but when reinstalling Creative Cloud make sure you use the 32 bit version from the link that Jeff Arola posted.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will, thank you Dave! Cross your fingers I do it right this time. lol Happy 4th!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Install or reinstall the Creative Desktop Application from here under Windows/Alternative downloads>Windows 10, 8, 7 (32-bit)

https://helpx.adobe.com/au/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff. Trying that now. Will let you know. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So for a millasecond it read " up to date" by installed apps, then it went to Buy now. I closed psd and reopened and it read the same thing, trial version, 6 days left. 

Should I have uninstalled the original creative cloud? Thank you in advance. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff. When I tried uninstalling the Creative Desktop app this is the message I received. I posted this for Dave too. Any suggestions? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually did a test install of photoshop cc 2018 on a fresh windows 10 32 bit system, albeit a virtual machine instead of real hardware, but anyway, when i initially installed photoshop cc 2018, the creative desktop application was also installed, however, it is a much outdated version and i had the same issue as you trying to sign-in about the browser/operating system needing to be updated. So i installed the 32 bit Creative Cloud Application referenced above without uninstalling the old version, that is i just ran the installer and installed over the old creative cloud desktop application and then i was able to sigh-in from within the creative cloud desktop application.

Creative Desktop Application from here under Windows/Alternative downloads>Windows 10, 8, 7 (32-bit)

https://helpx.adobe.com/au/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much♥ Not sure I understand it all. I uninstalled Creative Cloud thinking I was supposed to re- install it. Can you give me an play by play of what to do now like Dave did above? That is easier for me. Thank you again!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff and Dave,

So I installed the Creative Cloud(CC) over the already installed CC application. I then restarted, then opened up psd and not only was I already signed in, it was still the trial issue.

Any suggestions?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Morning Jeff and Dave,

I hope you are off to a great day!

I uninstalled Creative Cloud, then Photoshop due to the issues I mentioned above. Can you advise me on what to do now? I really appreciate all your time and help. Don't give up on me♥

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got this message too:

Tinysprinkles_0-1656820593888.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines